Global Rotational Programme Start IT - Data Engineer
About the programme
We are looking for post-graduates with strong interest in technology for our rotational development program Start IT. Over the course of 18 months, you will work in a global cross-functional and also cross-regional setup and you will have the opportunity to contribute to different key IT projects at Roche. In addition to on- and off-the job training you will have the opportunity to rotate to one of our IT-sites in Asia, Europe or America. During the program you are a part of an active network with other current Start IT participants.
You will be responsible for digitizing the lab workflows of DIA R&D, primarily focusing on automation of data workflows supporting our scientists and bioinformatics.
- Support Digital Lab Operations initiatives, which enable digitalisation of laboratory workflows
- Development of data analytics based on the domain information architecture by studying the integration concepts and business strategy
- Envision and creation of suitable data schemes & data models based on standards
- Establish information structure and features, functionality, and user-interface design
- Creating user driven wire frames & scenarios
- Design information structure, work- and dataflow, and navigation
- Close collaboration with scientist working on development of bioinformatics pipelines
- Support the domain in creation of global Research Data Catalog
- Scientific Data Ingestion, Storing, Processing and Sharing of Data
- Information Models, Semantic Layers, Data Standards, Master Data concepts
- Application Integration using standard tool sets such as Mulesoft
- Advanced Analytics
- Data Governance and Data Cataloging
- Data Access and Security
- Shiny, AWS, data cataloging tools such as CKAN
- Understanding of Data Retention and Archiving concepts
- Understanding of Data security models and accessibility patterns
Who you are
You are a highly motivated self-starter and curiosity is what drives you. You are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. You are a strong team player with a pronounced service orientation and proven collaboration and teamwork experience.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or related studies (Graduation no longer than 2 years ago)
- Experienced in software development and scientific data analytics
- Exposure to research data analytics, data lakes and integration is plus
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to interact at all levels of the organization with executives and senior leaders
- Fast-learner, passionate about continually adapting your skills and knowledge, agile and IT savvy
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and intercultural awareness
- Fluent in two languages, one of which must be English
We accept applications until Aug 10th, 2021. Selected candidates will run through a number of interviews. Should these be successful, then you will be invited in September 2021 for final assessment of program eligibility. The start of the program will be in January 2022.
US Location is only valid if a US work permit is available.
For more information about the rotational development program Start IT please click here.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.