Martinrea is a diversified global automotive supplier, engaged in the design, development and manufacturing of metal parts, assemblies and modules, complex fluid management systems and aluminum products. We employ approximately 15,000 skilled and motivated people at manufacturing, engineering and technical centers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, Slovakia, Spain and China. Our business strategy leverages world-class technologies, motivated and talented people, and high-quality products. We invite you to follow your dreams and explore a challenging and rewarding career at Martinrea.
Job Summary: Responsible for planning, designing, arranging, changing, optimizing, and supervising a manufacturing process. Must create, document, develop, and implement procedures required to assemble, test process, and manufacture products.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering in progress
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook) and CAD/SpinFire software
- GD&T Training
- Must be able to prioritize and learn new technologies
- Must have a good knowledge of the English language
- Excellent time management, communication, analytical, problem solving, and record keeping skills
- Knowledge of Customer Specific Requirements
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/IATF 16949
- Develop, evaluate, improve, and document manufacturing processes for the enhancement of quality, cost reduction, and throughput
- Develop and implement process control techniques and procedures into manufacturing environments
- Meet on location at integrators to ensure that design and build are going according to plan and on time for given targets
- Make recommendations to management for changes to parts and processes to optimize throughput
- Monitor OEE and address areas for improvement to current processes to increase efficiency
- Complete Gate Review Process as designated by corporate completing work within given timelines and update at each future Gate Review
- Process includes PFMEA, DFMEA, APQP, manufacturing issues, equipment tracking, tooling tracking, price log, component tracking, quality lessons learned, contract review, team feasibility, risk assessment, and plant layout
- Confer with vendors when determining product specifications and arrangement of equipment, parts, and material purchases, and evaluate products accordingly to quality standards and specifications
- Communicate engineering changes from customer to plant personnel and integrators
- Meet with designated die ship, weld cell, and gage shop integrators to ensure all dies, weld cells, and gages are made to MRE expectation to ensure that a quality part is made
- Ensure that the manufacturing process does not present any safety issues, and make changes should any arise
- Create work instructions for operators, and verify that those instructions and the part flow are being followed
- Make changes to plant layout to ensure that incoming equipment will fit the Martinrea Jonesville floor plan
- Work as a team with production and quality personnel to manage current processes and launch new ones
- Support all company goals and objectives, and good manufacturing practices
- Any other duties or responsibilities assigned by the Engineering Manager
- Abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of planes and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- 60% Office Environment, 40% Plant Floor (PPE required)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hear, talk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is often required to drive, sit, and walk. The employee is occasionally required to do overhead work, pull/push, reach, stand, and lift up to 10 pounds. Close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, as well as depth perception and the ability to adjust focus are all required.
Health and Safety:
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company and plant rules, policies and procedures
- Must use or wear Personal Protective Equipment and certain clothing as required by the Company
- This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities required for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice