UTILITIES MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
Under limited supervision, performs a variety of responsible skilled supervisory work in maintenance and construction of wastewater collection and water distribution systems; asphalt and concrete repairs; and performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Which are not in any hierarchical order)
1. Interviews, trains, motivate, assigns and evaluates work, and recommends disciplinary action according to established City procedures. Conducts performance appraisals.
2. Supervises subordinate supervisors, team leaders or work crews in the construction, maintenance, and repair of water distribution and/or wastewater collection systems.
3. Manage, plan, coordinate and assign daily and emergency work assignments.
4. Maintain and oversees repairs of water distribution and wastewater collection systems.
5. Repairs and replaces valves, fire hydrants, water service lines, sewer lines, manholes, air release valves and structures.
6. Participates in and directs water distribution and metering system repair and installation of mains, pipe lines, meters, hydrants, valves, curb stops and related system components.
7. Manage Chlorination of new distribution lines.
8. Manages Customer Notifications for water construction projects, emergency repairs, including line shut downs and delivery of Boil Water Notices and Rescinding Boil Water Notices.
9. Prepares road and applies asphalt when construction is complete. Sets road base to proper compacting and sets asphalt.
10. Repairs sidewalks and driveways and finishes concrete as required.
11. Operates water main valves and turn off and on water services for customers.
12. Manage utility locating function, including monitoring one-call tickets, closing and positive response to locating tickets within established State mandated timeframes.
13. Operates trucks and construction and maintenance equipment as necessary to complete work projects; checks equipment for proper servicing, operation and safety and reports defects to superintendent; maintains inventory of tools and equipment.
14. Determines type and quantities of materials required to perform and complete job assignments and arranges for timely delivery to job sites.
15. Install street barricades and cones prior to the performance of construction and repair activities; direct and control traffic around work sites.
16. Maintain records related to particular area of assignment; may input and recall information into a computer terminal.
17. Manage wastewater collections television camera system, including maintaining data collected of wastewater system.
18. Manage wastewater collections system vacuum trucks, including proper disposal of sewage and/or other debris collected.
19. Observes standard operating procedures and safety practices, including work zone, flagging, shoring and trenching, and competent person.
20.Monitor and prepare confined space entry forms and operate confine space tripods, harnesses.
21. Responds to emergency calls for service on a call out basis and works outside normal working hours as needed.
22. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Salary$26.80 hourly - Pay grade 59
QualificationsHigh school diploma or GED and five (5) years of wastewater collection or water distribution experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience, to include one (1) year of lead work or supervisory experience are required, Wastewater Collection Systems Operator level "A" certification is required, or the ability to obtain with twenty-four (24) months from date of employment.
Associates with a major Engineering Technology, Construction, Project Management, or similar degree is highly desirable.
A valid Florida Class B Commercial driver’s license is required. For application purposes, a valid driver’s license from any state or a State of Florida Class E driver’s license may be utilized; with the ability to obtain a State of Florida Class B Commercial driver’s license within six (6) months from date of employment.
Education Requirements: To be considered valid (or verified) for position qualification purposes, and consistent with City Hiring Policy 4-5, a High School, GED or equivalent diploma, and all higher education degrees or certifications must have been issued by:
a) a public education institution in the State of Florida or any State or Territory of the United States; or
b) an institution accredited by an accrediting organization that is recognized by the Florida Department of Education or the U.S. Department of Education; or
c) an institution that is accredited by an organization that is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA); or
d) an institution whose degree or certification is accepted by institutions identified in either a), b), or c), above, for the purpose of admission to institutions identified in either a), b), or c) above.
International degrees will be evaluated to determine if they satisfy qualification requirements.
Have not lost any driving privileges by reason of revocation, suspension or denial of license, or have been convicted and/or had an adjudication withheld of three or more moving violations. Have had one DUI (Driving Under the Influence) in any preceding twenty-four (24) month period. License suspension of two weeks or less or suspensions based only on non-moving violations that have been cleared will not automatically result in revocation of driving privileges.
Have not had more than one DUI (conviction or adjudication withheld) in Florida or any other state within the past ten (10) years.
Questions? Contact: HRSupport@wpb.org