Marketing and Operations Fellow
Fellowship: Concern US Marketing & Operations Fellowship
Location: Remote- US Based
Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization committed to the relief, assistance and advancement of the poorest people in the least developed countries of the world. Founded in Ireland in 1968, Concern Worldwide has nearly 4,000 personnel working in 24 countries across the globe. Concern believes in a world where no one lives in fear; where all have access to a decent standard of living and the opportunities essential to a long, healthy and creative life. Our mission is to help people living in absolute poverty achieve major improvements in their lives, improvements that are sustainable without ongoing support from Concern.
We believe in creating a culture of inclusion where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to the workplace. Building a diverse and inclusive team is an absolute necessity to deliver the solutions needed to achieve our core mission, because without promoting justice and equality, we cannot eliminate extreme poverty.
Concern Worldwide US (CUS) is an independent affiliate of Concern Worldwide, with offices in New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles. CUS advances the Concern Worldwide mission through mobilizing financial and human resources, as well as influencing and activating networks in the US to elevate programs globally.
Who Should Apply to Concern’s Fellowship Program
Concern Worldwide US is seeking highly motivated individuals to join its 2021 Fall Fellowship Program. Concern’s fellowship program is an excellent opportunity for individuals to work alongside dedicated, experienced staff to learn about Concern’s mission and vision and the many mechanisms that come together to create an effective humanitarian organization.
Candidates should have an interest in international humanitarian relief and international development. Students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, recent graduates, and those interested in pursuing a career in the NGO sector are all eligible to apply. All academic fields and career backgrounds will be considered. Fellowships are available in five (5) of Concern’s core departments: Programs, Communications, Individual Giving, Finance and Administration, and Marketing & Business Operations.
Goal of Fellowship
As a Concern Worldwide US fellow, you will have the opportunity to learn about and gain exposure to the breadth of Concern’s portfolio of work which includes international humanitarian and development programming, policy and advocacy, grants management, communications and marketing, finance and administration, systems and operations, and human resources. Through your day-to-day assignments, as well as experiential learning opportunities such as brown bag presentations and informational meetings with members of Concern’s senior management team, your fellowship experience will provide you with an opportunity to work on engaging, high impact projects for a large international NGO.
The Fellow will gain a broad understanding of marketing and operations in a non-profit context through hands-on project work with individual members of the marketing and operations team. This will include projects related to marketing technology, business analytics, ad production, creative development, marketing research and more.
· Completion of research/learning modules/training to gain familiarity with various technology platforms, processes, and tools as necessary.
· Liaise with marketing and operations team members in development of digital ads and social media posts as assigned, including:
o Writing ad and/or social copy
o Selecting images to be used for ads/posts
o Building targeted audiences
o Set up of ad campaigns using Facebook Business Manager and Google Ads
o Graphic design
· Assist operations team with building marketing related reports, including periodically updating reports with new data and the creation of dashboards, and data visualizations.
· Marketing research, including assessing similar organizations and reviewing various aspects of Concern’s marketing program
· Completion of a capstone project that demonstrates a familiarity with the entire scope of the work done by the marketing and operations team.
· Commitment to the core values and vision of Concern Worldwide.
· An undergraduate (rising seniors or juniors preferred) or graduate student pursuing a major in a relevant field
· Academic background, coursework, familiarity and/or interest in humanitarian assistance or international development fields
· A highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Flexibility to meeting changing deadlines and priorities; ability to manage multiple tasks.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills.
· Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US.
Compensation & Structure:
The fellowship will begin Wednesday September 1, 2021 and conclude Wednesday, December 15, 2021.
The fellowship will be conducted remotely. Scheduling is flexible, though fellows are expected to work at least 2 days per week for a minimum of 10 hours per week. The program will run for a period of 15 weeks.
The fellowship program is compensated through a $3000 stipend. Fellows will be paid semi-monthly.
We appreciate your interest in a fellowship with Concern Worldwide US. Due to high applicant volume we regret that we are not able to send personalized responses to all applicants. Only candidates short-listed for a first round interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.