Maximus is seeking a Communications Coordinator to provide support to the Communications Department in New York City, NY.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for working in collaboration with various internal Departments and external vendors (i.e., mail house, printers, and graphic designers) to produce day-to-day mailings for program participants. In addition, conducts quality reviews of communication materials and helps ensure that mailings to program participants are sent when scheduled. The Coordinator works in collaboration with other departments in the writing, editing, programming and distribution of program materials.
This position reports to the Sr. Manager - Communications.
- Coordinate the quality assurance reviews of notices and other communication materials mailed to program participants
- Coordinate day-to-day mailing activities with mail house vendor and project staff
- Conduct audits of mail house functions and protocols
- Manage workload using Smartsheet collaboration software
- Audit project-wide communication materials and related protocols to ensure the accuracy and consistency of information provided to program participants
- Write, edit and proofread a wide variety of new or revised program and consumer educational materials based on program policy and plain language standards
- Monitor activity reports from mail house subcontractor and other communications vendors to identify trends and/or issues
- Collaborate with communications staff to maintain the public website
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that project communications are clear and accurate and meet all contractual and project standards
- Coordinate the development of materials with vendors, graphic designers, translators and recording production studios
- Provide back-up and support for other Communications staff
- At least two (2) years of experience in quality assurance in a mail - house production process, communications and/or marketing
- Experience in direct mail agency, mail house production or not-for-profit development or member outreach mail campaigns preferred.
- Experience in health insurance or health care setting preferred
- Knowledge of auditing practices and/or quality assurance sampling practices preferred
- This is an office-based position that is temporarily remote.