Paid Intern (Interior Design) - Special Projects Department
Job Opening Number: 310378
Job Summary: This position is primarily for educational or religious purposes and should be used for providing valuable educational experiences for the Intern. It is to give the intern an opportunity to see how principles and practices learned ....
Job Family: Human Resources
Location: UT-Salt Lake City
Posting Date: June 30, 2021
Unposting Date: July 28, 2021
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
This position is primarily for educational or religious purposes and should be used for providing valuable educational experiences for the Intern. It is to give the intern an opportunity to see how principles and practices learned in their educational institutions are applied in an actual work setting. Under general supervision, the Intern performs work as assigned by the department. We are hiring (1) English speaking intern and (1) Spanish speaking.
Responsibilities may vary by assignment depending on need. The Intern receives assignments from supervising staff. The Manager reviews the Intern's work occasionally. The supervisor reviews each assignment as it is completed. The Intern is expected to meet rigid and challenging deadlines, work in harmony with other people, take direction on each assignment, and give full attention to detail. Independence in working, tact and diplomacy are required. Sound judgment of Church doctrine, history, organization, policy and protocol are also expected.
- Assist assigned Interior Design Manager(s) as required
- Administrative work related to Interior Design projects
- Contacting vendors, reps, Temple facilities staff, etc.
- Create and maintain Architectural documents
- Willingness to adhere to Church Employee dress code and code of conduct
This Internship is a full-time paid internship. The intern may currently be enrolled in school for college credit or may be graduated with a degree in Interior Design or related field.
- Must be a current Temple Recommend holder (Full or Limited use)
- Microsoft Office
- Understanding of Design Principles & Architectural documents
- Professional communication skills (phone, email, in-office, etc.)
- Spanish Speaker (preferred)
- Adobe Suite (desired)
Must be an endowed member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with a current temple recommend.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.churchofjesuschrist.org.