Senior Quality Engineer
Position: Senior Quality Engineer
Divergent Technologies is currently seeking a highly-skilled, experienced quality engineer to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be responsible for extensive operational quality-related functions including site, program, and customer-specific requirements. The Senior Quality Engineer will continue to develop Divergent’s integrated Quality Management System and will be responsible for its sustained implementation during production. The QE role will also support all ISO, IATF and AS certification projects, lead and champion process improvement initiatives, and provide corrective actions for a variety of products and services. This QE role will also be responsible for understanding and preparing customer-specific PPAP packages, and ensuring development efforts meet specific automotive and aerospace customer requirements.
The person in this role will be working for an organization that values a strong collaboration between all operations functions to ensure we are designing optimal manufacturing processes that are safe, cost-effective, reliable and maintainable.
What You'll Do:
- Hands-on ability to support ISO 9001/14001, IATF 16949, AS9100 & customer requirements, including deploying supporting documents, and required resources
- Implement and maintain quality processes in support of ISO9001, IATF 16949, and ISO 14001, and AS9100 with hands on support of additive manufacturing and general assembly operations quality
- Complete implementation of the Divergent QMS, in support of ISO, internal Divergent and customer requirements.
- Reviews customer and engineering requirements to ensure successful new product launch APQP and PPAP. Develops and recommends inspection, sampling techniques and quality control procedures insuring the production of finished products which meet or exceed quality specifications and standards
- Writes and institutes inspection and testing procedures for incoming and finished products periodically reviewing and re-evaluating current procedures to ensure proper product inspection and testing are done
- Maintains and reports on the status of the quality system to management including customer scorecards, quality rejections, cost of quality, audit programs, calibration, annual CMM layouts and product on quality hold
- Participate in the Product Development Process assuring customer quality deliverables are understood and communicated from quotation to successful product realization
- Drive continual quality improvement initiatives internally and with suppliers, including resolution of process/ product non-conformances.
- Manages and monitors internal process management system for part quality
- Develops and conducts vehicle quality inspections and incoming material inspections
- Continually develop and improve integrated Divergent QMS and identify opportunities for automated feedback loops to improve production efficiency and robustness
- Review part CAD (2D and 3D) for quality-related issues
What You'll Have:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.), in a technical discipline
- Minimum 7 years of quality or engineering related experience in automotive or aerospace, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Hands-on quality management experience at an automotive OEM with a focus on operational quality in an automotive manufacturing process environment (laser cut, forming, bending, welding, machining, assembly) and vehicle assembly quality
- Experience with a Tier 1 in addition to experience at an OEM would be helpful
- Experience implementing APQP process and PPAP package creation and submission
- Have a working knowledge of GD&T and dimensional inspection techniques (CMM, Romer Arm, Laser Tracker, hand tools, etc.) including usage of Faro arm and/ or Metrascan experience
- Extensive use of statistical analysis
- Hands-on ability to in support of ISO 9001/14001, IATF 16949, AS9100 & customer requirements, including deploying supporting documents, and required resources