Process Engineer Spring 2022 Co-Op
Applied Materials, Inc. is the global leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
Applied Materials’ Ion Implantation Raptor group is searching for a co-op to join our team starting in January 2022. The Raptor group’s key responsibility is to develop novel angled etching processes and hardware to enable the manufacturing of advanced semiconductor devices. The co-op position will entail the following:
- Assist with laboratory process demonstrations, including tool preparation, processing wafers, measuring wafers, analyzing results, and documentation. Some chemical handling is required.
- Lead small development projects involving wafer processing and metrology, and present the results
- Support process engineering through procurement, shipping, and inventory functions
- Student must be pursuing a Master’s or Doctoral degree program in Materials Science & Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Electrical Engineering or a related field. Junior/Senior college level students may also be considered.
- Available to work for 6-12 months
- Student must be in good academic standing at their university, with a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Quick learner. Hands-on and not afraid of building and dissembling things. Good communication skills. Well organized with attention to details
- Experience/knowledge in semiconductor processing or manufacturing a big plus
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.