We want the most talented, brightest, and motivated individuals with engineering, architecture, or construction project management backgrounds for an Estimator position. Estimators are critical to DBI’s success. We rely on our Estimators to accurately evaluate damaged structures and to then return to our Atlanta headquarters to compile a scope of repair and cost projections.
This role is a special opportunity for someone that is looking to work with a team of highly motivated individuals and balance the office world of meetings, negotiations, and reporting with unique, hands-on field work. Our projects have taken us to the majority of the United States and to intriguing locations like the Bahamas, Mexico, Europe, Dubai, and the residences of the rich and famous. There is never a dull day.
A Bit About DBI:
DBI Construction Consultants specializes in evaluating damage to buildings and structures. We have assessed damages to sky scrapers, bridges, marinas, theme parks, stadiums, even an indoor ski slope. Sometimes damages are caused by flooding, a hurricane, a factory fire, or possibly a design failure. At times the damages are concentrated to a single area of a structure, and other times only a pile of rubble remains. Whatever the case, DBI’s Estimators are in the field documenting the resulting conditions and evaluating options for the path forward. How will the structure be rebuilt? How much will it cost? How long will it take?
Learning & Development:
Our team has an incredible knowledge of construction principles and we are always pushing our team to acquire more specialized training and certifications, take enrichment courses, and use the latest technology. We strive to be the best, to learn from each other, and to gain knowledge from other experts in our field.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has an educational background in engineering, architecture, or construction project management.
- Has a passion for and understanding of construction and construction principals.
- Is highly proficient in MS Office, especially Excel.
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills and a professional demeanor.
- Has experience working with Xactimate, Bluebeam Revu, and construction scheduling programs such as Primavera or MS Projects (this is not a requirement, but a plus).
- Has the willingness to travel and is not afraid of heights.
- Is comfortable working in a fast-paced office setting as well as in the field.
- Is motivated, detail oriented, and ready to take on challenges.
- Has a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
Some of the Perks of Working at DBI:
- Generous benefits package and biannual bonus program.
- Paid relocation is included.
- Newly renovated, spacious, bright, and modern office in the artsy Cabbagetown neighborhood of Atlanta.
- Emphasis on training and continuing education opportunities – your strengths are our strengths.
- A team-oriented environment with regular outings and events.
- A kitchen stocked with goodies, and an espresso machine so you can start your day right (say goodbye to having your name misspelled on your to-go cup).
- A fully loaded equipment bag with the latest equipment.