PIMCO 2022 Summer Internship: Technology Analyst, Software Engineering
Apply for the PIMCO 2022 Summer Internship - Technology Analyst, Software Engineering!
See below for details on the application process and internship experience.
Positions are located in Austin, TX, and Newport Beach, CA with limited opportunities in London for EMEA-based students
Technology Analyst, Software Engineering
The PIMCO technology team develops applications for internal use to help us value securities and mitigate risk. We deliver dynamic and timely solutions using HTML5, Python, Java, C#, and C++ with traditional databases and big data technologies on the back end using open source technologies.
You'll have the chance to define your career with a dynamic global leader in asset management working in a world-class technology group. Experience a high level of exposure to the investment management business and enjoy working with cutting edge technologies on new solutions.
As a PIMCO Tech intern, you’ll work on exciting projects such as:
- Developing and applying complex analytical methods to massive data sets in order to manage risk and search for alpha for clients.
- Creating and improving internal applications used by the firm to execute investment strategies, manage risk and support our clients.
- Building tools and platforms to help portfolio managers leverage, analyze test data while harnessing and applying advances in big data analytics.
- Streamlining trade floor processes, trade executions and transaction costs, and identify new technologies to improve business value.
The PIMCO Internship Experience:
- The PIMCO Internship Program runs for 10 weeks beginning in early/mid-June 2022
- During Week 1, you’ll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering, developed to heighten the impact of our employees' worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You’ll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events!
- As a PIMCO intern, you’ll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
How you should apply:
We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume, cover letter & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready.
What to expect during the interview process:
- After we receive your application, we'll conduct an initial resume & cover letter review. We'll send status updates throughout the process.
- As the first step, you'll be asked to complete a HackerRank challenge to highlight your technical skills.
- If you pass the HackerRank challenge, you’ll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview using the Spark Hire platform
- If selected to move forward, you'll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via Webex. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts, as well as coding via HackerRank CodePair.
You’re eligible to apply if you:
- Are a currently pursuing an Undergraduate/Master’s degree in computer science, engineering or a similar major with an expected graduation date of December 2022 – June 2025
- Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English
You’ll excel as a PIMCO Technology Analyst if you:
- Have strong programming skills (Java, Python and/or C#)
- Possess outstanding analytical skills with the ability to function efficiently and problem-solve in a fast paced and time-critical environment
- Show outstanding communication skills which enable you to operate in a complex financial and technical environment
- Show the following traits: ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
- Are comfortable working independently as well as in a collaborative team