Technical Sales Representative for Mason, OH
The Harris Products Group | Mason, OH
Jump Start Your Career: Sales Development Program/Technical Sales Representative
Are you a senior or recent graduate looking for an opportunity to learn and contribute in your chosen field?
Do you have the desire to showcase your sales aptitude and thrive in a target-oriented environment?
Are you a motivated self-starter with the drive to grow existing business, prospect new customers, and identify and close sales opportunities?
If so, we would like you to be a part of the most competitive sales force in the industry.
Join our five month intensive Customer Solutions and Technical Sales Development Program. This program provides in-depth product, application, sales process and solution selling training. The training program is led by seasoned sales and marketing professionals who can help you accelerate your professional growth and set you up for a long career in selling. It is accompanied by direct interaction and mentorship by top executives within the company.
As a valued team member, you will learn to promote and sell metalworking products to a variety of industries. You will learn techniques that will guide you in establishing sales goals and objectives, performing ongoing prospecting for new end user and distributor accounts, developing and recommending promotional programs.
Following successful completion of the program you will be able to continually expand your product knowledge allowing you to serve as an industry expert by answering customers’ technical questions, leading product demonstrations, and recommending application solutions.
Why work at Harris?
- Competitive compensation structure, performance-based bonus opportunity, and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K match, and more.
- Innovative and award-winning industry leader with a comprehensive commitment to quality and excellence.
- Benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k savings, and more.
- An environment where employees are valued for contributions and rewarded for performance.
The Harris Products Group, an industry leader in metalworking products, is looking for multiple Technical Sales Representatives to join our team. As a valued team member, you will promote and sell Cutting, Heating, Brazing & Welding Gas Apparatus and Industrial, Specialty & Medical Gas regulation equipment, Brazing & Soldering Alloys and Welding Consumables and Accessories to distributors and end-users in an assigned territory. You will meet and establish sales goals and objectives, perform ongoing prospecting for new end-user and distributor accounts, develop and recommend promotional programs, control expenses and maintain reporting and communication objectives. By continually expanding your product knowledge, you will serve as an industry expert by answering customers’ technical questions, leading product demonstrations, and recommending application solutions.
Qualified candidates should be customer-focused and possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or related field; applicable professional training and/or 1-3 years’ sales experience preferred.
- Minimum GPA 2.8
- Strong proficiency in using Microsoft Office products. Preferred: Proficiency with CRM’s and SAP.
- Willingness and ability to travel a minimum of two weeks per month.
- Interest and ability to learn technical aspects of our products and applications.
- Comfortable demonstrating industrial torches and other products for all processes and applications; one year of metal joining experience or solder, brazing, and welding background preferred.
- Strength in collaborating with cross-functional teams while promoting a supportive environment.
- A passion for selling and establishing/building rapport while providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to provide creative solutions to customer concerns/complaints with ability to handle rejection.
- Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills with ability to multi-task. Bilingual verbal, reading, and writing skills are a plus.
Comprehensive and competitive compensation plus performance-based bonus opportunity and benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k savings, and more.
Tobacco and Drug-Free Workplace
The Harris Products Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit www.harrisproductsgroup.com to learn more.