Health Summer/Fall Intern
Community Develop and Planning
THIS POSITION WILL CLOSE ON 7/23/2021.
SALARY: 14.00 - 14.00 Hourly USD
Seasonal Intern (Community Development & Planning)
Salary: $14.00 per hour/20 hours a week (M-F flexible)
This part-time seasonal position provides support to Health Services staff in the Development Services Division.
- Desire to gain knowledge in the principles and practices of environmental sanitation, disease control and transmission and health regulations
- Assist with inspecting food establishments, child care facilities and property to assure conditions are not detrimental to public health
- Assist with vector control activities
- Ability to read and interpret federal, state and local laws pertaining to public health
- Ability to research and organize thoughts and ideas in a concise manner
- Assist with maintaining records related to inspections and certifications
- Assist with the update, input, and compilation of data for various reports
- Ability to use the internet, database, and computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe)
An Associate's Degree in biological or physical science or relevant field, or current enrollment in a program of higher education. Strong science background preferred. This position will involve occasionally driving a City vehicle for site visits. Possession of a valid Texas Operator's Class C License is required. Pre-employment screening for this position includes a motor vehicle review (MVR), drug and alcohol testing, and a background check.