Production Engineering Technical Support Specialist
The Production Engineering Technical Support Specialist is a critical member of the Production Engineering team and is relied upon to support project coordination of activities related to Operations engineering, release work orders to manufacturing and update KPIs as well as providing overall administration of QMS documentation within Operations. Additionally, the Production Engineering Technical Support Specialist will serve as the level 1 contact to trouble shoot and coordinate support for I.T. systems used within the Operations organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Gather requirements and create project plans using the NFW toolset.
- Facilitate project plan updates and report risks, issues, and delays to appropriate owners.
- Assist in the creation of work orders, BoMs and routers as required by Production Control.
- Releases Work Orders into manufacturing based on scheduling parameters and constraints.
- Maintains the Operations Document Master List and Forms library.
- Supports E/QMS internal audits, QMS reporting, and development of process maps and documentation.
- Organizes, maintains, and administers process documentation.
- Collects performance data and compiles critical reports.
- Achieves technical understanding of the I.T. tools used within Operations and provides level 1 problem solving of issues; issues trouble tickets within various Help Desk portals.
- Leads special projects as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- An Associates degree in a related field and 3 years of directly transferable work experience, or an equitable combination of education and experience as required to successfully perform the indicated tasks.
- 3 to 5 years working within a service organization, preferably engineering or development.
- A minimum of 2 years project management experience within a related environment (ie. application support, software development, problem diagnostics, manufacturing).
- Familiar with the approach and concepts of ANSI/ASQC ISO 9001 or comparable Quality System standards.
- Additional preference will be provided for Automotive, Food, or Rubber manufacturing experience.
- Additional preference provided for Certification in LEAN or ANSI/ASQC ISO 9001.
- Written and conversational fluency in English.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data
- Meticulous attention to detail is mandatory
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take direction from multiple people
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequent talking, hearing and seeing
- Frequent using of hands to grasp, handle, or feel
- Regular standing, walking, sitting and reaching
- Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
- Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
- Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
- Ability to focus (ability to adjust eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
- Primarily operates in office and manufacturing environments
- Some of the work is performed in a shop environment where it may be loud, dusty, hot or cold
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Occasionally required to use personal protective equipment