Field Service Technician - Multiple Locations
Now Hiring Local Field Service Technicians to work with Conveyor Belts!
What we Offer:
- Start $15-$17/hour
- $1000 referral bonus
- We promote from within, offering our employees opportunities for both internal advancement and relocation.
- Aetna - coverage starts on DAY ONE
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- MIR pays 100% of the cost for each employee's short-term & long-term disability coverage.
- Health Savings Account - with a company contribution of $600 annually
- Company matches 1st 1% at 100%, 50% match of next 5%
- UNLIMITED PTO
- Paid training
- Tuition reimbursement.
- MIR reimburses up to 90% of tuition, after 1 year of employment, for Undergraduate AND Graduate education.
About the Position:
- 8am-5pm + 1hr for lunch
- Responsible for fabrication and installation of conveyor belting and related industrial products.
- Process orders in a safe and efficient manner; Operate light industrial equipment; Communicate with supervisor regarding assigned orders, scheduling, and other production issues.
- Ensure timely shipping of belting product; Receive shipments in a timely manner and ensure delivery to correct recipient; Maintain shipping/receiving department with needed supplies; Process and maintain reports.
- Travels to customer's location to install product; Occasional overnight travel required. (We will pay for gas, meal, and hotel while traveling overnight).
- Recognize appropriate inventory usage and reports low levels to supervisor; Maintains cycle counts log; Participates in once-a-year inventory.
- Project a professional and courteous demeanor when communicating with others. Maintain a positive attitude towards work in the team environment.
- Previous industrial or production experience helpful, but not required. Requires mechanical inclination.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to read and understand a tape measure.
- Previous forklift experience helpful, but not required.
- No experience needed, paid training
- High School Graduate
- Position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule, including the occasional night and/or weekends.
- On a regular basis, lifting on average of heavy weight materials over 75 lbs.
- Occasional bending, stooping and upper body & arm rotation, frequent pushing, pulling, sitting, standing and reaching and some climbing.
- Valid driver's license required