Machine Learning Engineer
We are looking for exceptionally motivated and highly skilled candidates for available Machine Learning Engineer positions in Europe (Berlin, Cologne, Karlsruhe, and Zurich). We offer a generous compensation package that includes a base salary, bonus, and additional benefits, including accommodation, depending on location.
As a Machine Learning Engineer at QuantCo, you will be instrumental in handling, preparing, and transforming large data sets. You will integrate our clients’ technical systems with our industry-leading statistical and machine learning models. You will work alongside our data scientists, economists, and software engineers to solve technical and quantitative challenges ensuring that our solutions produce value for our clients.
You will be responsible for:
- Writing high-performing code in Python;
- Building, profiling, and debugging data pipelines;
- Building software package tools to improve internal workflows;
- Presenting and explaining your work to our clients;
- Discussing your ideas with our software engineers and data scientists;
- Working on data-intensive applications;
- Working within relational databases and large tabular data sets in blob store;
- Using packages like Dask to efficiently parallelize workloads;
- Working with tools for data validation (e.g. great expectations); and
- Designing, building, evaluating, shipping, and refining QuantCo’s product by hands-on Machine Learning development.
We are looking for team players with an entrepreneurial mindset that will bring the following:
- A STEM degree;
- Experience with Machine Learning;
- Practical experience with handling data from self-organized projects, internships, or previous jobs;
- Solid coding skills, ideally in Python;
- Business proficiency in English;
- Demonstrated ability to learn continuously, work independently, and make smart decisions with minimal supervision; and
- Adaptability to work effectively in interdisciplinary teams of technical and non-technical individuals with different cultural backgrounds.
Any of the following skills are a big plus:
- A well-maintained Github account;
- Experience with workflow management scheduling tools (e.g. Airflow, Prefect, Dagster) software; and
- Conversational proficiency in German is an asset but is not required.
We leverage expertise in data science, engineering, and economics to help organizations turn data into decisions. Started by four PhDs from Harvard and Stanford, we are now approximately 100 professionals with extensive quantitative, engineering, and business experience.
QuantCo’s product line includes algorithmic pricing, data-driven claims management, and high-dimensional forecasting solutions. Our clients are some of the largest financial, retail, and healthcare organizations in the U.S. and Europe.
We are excited about writing code that affects millions of people and impacts billions of dollars. If you feel the same way, we look forward to hearing from you.
QuantCo does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.