Coordinator I, Truck Transportation
The purpose of this job is to assure the efficient execution of REG’s supply chain, ensuring on-time delivery of renewable and petroleum fuels throughout North America. This team member will work on our fleet team to optimize the logistics of North America’s largest biomass based diesel producer.
Effectively schedule, coordinate and pocess truck deliveries to customers, plants and terminal locations to assure timely delivery of product at least cost while maximizing customer service.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service throughout the supply chain.
- Maintain frequent contact with supply chain stakeholders, and customers both internal and external to REG.
- Ensure drivers and transportation providers are preforming all necessary responsibilities.
- Follow REG policies as applicable to the shipment of products from REG and client plants or terminals.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment to evaluate all possible transportation methods while determining how to transport specific sales/shipments to and from origin and destinations.
- Effectively manage daily communication with stakeholders on fleet business and customer service.
- Track shipments of finished product to customers to ensure successful delivery.
- Develop specific procedures as needed to identified key locations to ensure prompt and successful execution of the scheduling.
- Assist with onboarding of new common carriers to support additional growth in markets.
- Respond to customer/vendor inquiries regarding shipment status in a prompt and professional manner.
- Conduct a general analysis of lane costs by terminal / destination as requested based on professional knowledge/experience.
- Analyze and make recommendations for appropriate carrier selection, route and lane pricing.
- Augment lane optimization, participate in short and long term market strategy development and implementation.
- Audit and analyze carrier safety and delivery performance on a routine basis.
Other Frequent Duties
- Keep all transportation rates and assessorials up to date in OTM.
- Assist in the designing of logistics area process improvement both operationally and organizationally to improve proficiency.
- Maintain a strong understanding of REG accounting procedures relating to freight invoices.
- Ensure all administrative requirements are completed in a timely manner.
- Negotiate/coordinate costs associated and post changes as needed.
- Process non-compliant freight bills while working in conjunction with accounts payable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preferred Education: 4-year Bachelor’s degree – Supply Chain Management, Business, or related degree preferred; 2 – 4 years of experience may be substituted for education.
- Preferred Experience: 1+ year of office experience with transportation or logistics background preferred.
- Special skills, knowledge, or certifications preferred:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Sales and analytical thinking skills
- Basic Math and Accounting skills
- OTM (Oracle Transportation Management)
- JD Edwards
- Other Database systems
REG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.