Associate Program - Portuguese Fluency (2021 Graduates)
Associate - Client Service Team
Available Start Dates: Summer 2021
AlphaSights provides global investment and business professionals with on-demand access to the knowledge they need across all industries and geographies. AlphaSights connects decision-makers from investment management, private equity, management consulting, and corporations with a dynamic network of industry experts who provide qualitative and quantitative market insights, industry expertise, and execution support so our clients can make more informed decisions. Leveraging cutting-edge technology and our global team of 800+ professionals in nine global offices, we support our clients 24/7 around the world. AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
Learn more about life at AlphaSights here.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At AlphaSights, we believe that investing in DEI is the right thing to do and is vital to driving progress. We go the extra mile to build teams of people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, because diversity of thought drives innovation and knowledge diffusion which creates value for our clients, employees, and society.
We are a people-centric company, where every person is evaluated based on their merit. Our action plan is clear: recruit top talent based on our core values, invest massively in people’s development, and follow a structured DEI strategy so that everyone is always treated equitably and with respect.
The Associate Role
What do you want the start of your career to look like? Do you seek an introduction to the world of business and exposure to a wide variety of industries? A role offering autonomy and measurable personal impact from day 1? A clear path towards leading your own team and managing blue-chip client relationships in two years’ time?
If this resonates with you, read on.
AlphaSights is comprised of ambitious professionals committed to accelerating progress for our clients and helping them make more informed decisions. As an Associate, you’ll act as the connection point between our clients and industry experts. Your role is to understand our clients’ knowledge gaps and identify experts with the knowledge that can address them. You’ll need to think quickly and critically, conduct high-level research on companies and industries, and identify the world’s best experts with the right experience and insights to address our clients’ questions.
You’ll spend considerable time on phone and email reaching out to people and assessing whether they possess the knowledge our clients seek, before deciding whether to connect them with our clients. Working on several client requests at once, you’ll quickly develop effective project, client, communication, and time management skills.
This is a fast-paced, commercial role with a clear focus on results and revenue generation, and Associates who succeed at AlphaSights often embark on successful careers in commercial and operational leadership.
More About The Client Service Team
From the moment you join us as an Associate, you’ll have significant autonomy and personal responsibility. You’ll receive training and professional development opportunities to help you excel in your role. Hard work, drive, and a commitment to delivering results will put you on a path to becoming a Manager in about two years from joining us and a Vice President in about five.
You’ll work in a company of driven colleagues from around the world: we work as one global team that’s dedicated to growing our business, improving ourselves, supporting one another, and celebrating wins together. Our alumni go on to join some of the world’s most prestigious companies or pursue further study at top graduate schools.
What We Look For
AlphaSights welcomes candidates with different backgrounds and experiences. Here are some qualities that many of our successful applicants possess:
- Strong academic credentials gained from any undergraduate major
- Innate curiosity and excitement about the business world — ideally evidenced through your undergraduate degree, past internships, etc.
- High levels of extracurricular involvement and leadership
- A client-first mindset, which means a relentless commitment to work on clients’ behalf and surpass their expectations
- The drive and resilience to deliver excellent service amidst tight timelines and changing circumstances
- Growth mindset: the ability to develop in your role over time and view setbacks as learning opportunities
- 0+ years work experience
- Bachelor's degree, with strong academic credentials and noteworthy extracurricular leadership
- Fluency in English and Portuguese is essential.
Are you hesitant to submit an application because you're not sure if you check every box? Apply anyway! We’d love to hear from you and see how you can drive impact in our firm.
What You Can Expect
- A fast-paced environment with measurable deliverables and a focus on results
- The opportunity to gain transferable skills, including results-oriented research, sales, negotiation, commercial acumen, professional communication, and project and time management
- A team-oriented, strongly supportive culture emphasizing transparency, continuous feedback, professional development, and celebrating wins
- A professional development team that works to ensure that you’re supported and on a clear career trajectory both within our firm and beyond
- Comprehensive medical benefits (health, vision, and dental)
- Subsidized lunch program, corporate gym discounts, monthly team events, free breakfast & snacks
- We hire on a rolling basis until our program is full
AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: analyst, consulting, business acumen, research, private equity, client facing, commercial, sales, account management, knowledge, leadership, leadership development program, seniors, entry level, professional development, capital markets, hedge funds, corporate strategy, Fortune 500, communication, student athletes, negotiation, new york city, san francisco, project management, teamwork, fast-paced, high-growth, portuguese, language, fluent, Best Places to Work for Recent Grads