2022 Staff Accountant Intern - San Francisco
Dare to be different? Are you looking to follow the herd or do you see yourself as a trail blazer? If you’re ready to chart new territory maybe it’s time to launch your professional career with a unique and well paid, full-time internship at Novogradac & Company LLP. Novogradac is hiring Accounting Interns to explore our firm for busy season 2022 (January 2022 through the end of March 2022).
This distinct internship program is designed to expose the future leaders of public accounting to not only our partners, but also to our business and how we empower our clients' businesses. Our trendsetting interns learn hands-on what it takes to be a staff accountant for a growing national CPA firm by tackling a variety of different assignments, including audit, tax preparation and research. Novogradac believes in giving our interns a real-life business experience and compensating you well while you’re here.
- Complete tax and/or audit engagements for designated clients as directed by your Manager
- Identify and communicate potential problem areas during engagements
- Conduct business specific research – gather and analyze data, interpret results, compile reports and make recommendations to principals and partners
- Develop effective client relationships through professionalism and follow-through
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Working toward a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or finance (obtained degree is a plus) and/or appropriate balance of education and work experience
- GPA of 3.20 or higher
- Preferred completion of at least one Intermediate Accounting course and preferably on track or already qualified to sit for the CPA examination
- Exhibit a basic understanding of accounting and tax rules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Perform work accurately and in a time efficient manner, with strong attention to detail, organization and follow through
- Ability to work under close supervision and accept constructive feedback, making adjustments as directed
- Ability to work collaboratively and foster a productive, team-oriented environment with both colleagues and clients
- Strong computer skills, including solid skill in the Microsoft Office suite (particularly Word & Excel) and report writing tools
This is a paid internship. To be considered for this position, interested candidates MUST apply via our company website: http://careers.novoco.com/
Novogradac & Company LLP is an equal opportunity employer.