Electrical Test Technician
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon is seeking a highly motivated Test Technician to join our Hardware Test Engineering team. The ideal candidate will be flexible, detail-oriented, and skilled at working in a team environment. This position requires the ability to work with minimal direction, the capacity to work quickly, desire to roll up your sleeves and dive in, and ability to help identify root cause of technical issues.
· Perform maintenance and repair of test equipment and test fixtures
· Setup and execute tests and experiments
· Help create test cases and test plans, modifying existing test documentation as needed
· Collect and deliver data; write and/or contribute to test reports
· Perform verification testing of system components
· Provide test feedback to teams to improve quality performance through all phases of data collection
· Work in collaboration with internal teams to identify and troubleshoot technical issues
· Work with design and test engineers assisting with prototype builds
· Troubleshoot technical or process issues
· Act with a high level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information
· Experience writing and executing test plans
· 2+ years of experience as a HW Technician
· Experience working with PCB schematics
· Familiarity with tools and measurement devices (oscilloscope, frequency analyzer, etc.)
· Solid computer skills including MS Office, Linux/Unix
· Strong communication skills
· Associate degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
· Previous experience working in a test environment
· Familiarity with one (or more) scripting languages (Shell, Python, etc.)
· Experience with computer hardware and networking
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.