IT Specialist (INFOSEC)
NIOSH is part of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. NIOSH has more than 1,300 employees from a diverse set of fields including epidemiology, medicine, nursing, industrial hygiene, safety, psychology, chemistry, statistics, economics, and many branches of engineering.
Serves as a senior technology subject matter expert and has primary responsibility for providing expert assistance and advice on the overall establishment of information technology security policies, plans and programs. Through oversight of IT security programs, the incumbent ensures effective planning and management of security, continuity and efficiency of automated data processing operations.
The IT Specialist will carry out the duties and responsibilities outlined below:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage IT projects associated with large organization IT implementations.
- Evaluate cyber security forensics capabilities, performs gap analysis and provides recommendations for strengthen forensic capabilities, processes and procedures.
- Provide technical oversight of IT contracts related to highly visible projects with potential to impact the health and security of national and international peoples.
- Communicate complex technical requirements to non-technical personnel.
- Develop the countermeasures necessary to protect sensitive and classified information processed on IT systems.
Qualifications - Specialized Experience:
Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position to include experience integrating and applying diverse cloud services, low code platforms and data operations solutions to design secure enterprise class applications leveraged by diverse users and organizations.
Additional Qualifying experience for the GS-14 grade level requires IT-related experience that demonstrated each of the following four competencies: Attention to detail; customer service; oral communications; and problem solving.
Link to Apply: