DIA is seeking Graphic Designers, Editors and Facility Engineers
Information Services Career Specialty:
Do you have at least 2+ years’ experience, love a rapid pace, remain poised under pressure, and have a strong desire to learn and improve, with excellent organizational and communication skills? DIA corporate communications and intelligence products rely on the creativity, ingenuity, and talent of our officers to relay vital information to key decision makers and to the workforce through a broad range of media. Tech editors, graphic/multimedia design, UX/UI design, and video production officers in this career specialty play a pivotal role in the conceptualization, creation, editing, data visualization, and management communications to DIA’s internal and external customers in various communication channels.
You are a motivated and driven tech editor or designer that collaborates well with a team to find simple solutions to complex problems. DIA seeks entry-level (GG07-GG10) candidates for the following positions:
Graphic, Multimedia, UX/UI Designer Qualifications
*Graphic Designer (Visual Information Specialists, Occupational Series 1084)
*Multimedia Designer (Web, Interactivity, Animation, UI/UX) (Multimedia Specialist, Occupational Series 1001)
*Video Production Designer (Audiovisual Production, Occupational Series 1071)
*Designer applicants are required to submit a portfolio via website link or 10MB PDF (anything larger than 10MB will not make it through our network)
- Must have a working knowledge of cradle to grave design across a broad range of media in print, digital, video, user-face experience, and motion graphics.
- You are naturally curious and passionate about design — with a keen awareness of the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies, resources, and trends.
- You are a strong communicator that can develop and articulate concepts in a clear manner, engage in healthy discussion, and accept directional feedback.
- Excellent skills with design software, primarily the Adobe Creative Suite. Additional experience with one or all multimedia software, UX/UI, 3D software is a plus.
Technical Editor (Occupational Series 1083)
- Experience in the review and revise outlines, speeches, articles, stories, print, and web-based content for a wide range of audiences in a fast-paced deadline-driven editorial production environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail, grammar, and logical story construction, and provide constructive feedback.
- Experience working within a brand style, with the ability to consistently deliver clean, polished copy efficiently within a team atmosphere.
- Coordinate and regulate all phases of the written content production process, including copyediting/proofreading and art and proof reviewing.