Student Seminar Peer Mentors
The Peer Mentor serves to support and to ensure a conducive learning environment during ANEQ180A2 (New Student Seminar). Assisting students with navigating the Animal Sciences major, through one on one and group meetings along with conducting check ins through the semester. A Peer Mentor will facilitate discussions and be an advocate.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Attend and participate in all training sessions and weekly preparation meetings
· Assist with new students transitioning into the Animal Science major by assisting students in building peer, staff and faculty relationships, providing academic support and encouraging a sense of belong and inclusion
· Maintain strict confidentiality of all student information, material and discussions shared during orientation while following FERPA
· Collaborate with student success staff and other peer mentors to ensure high quality service and support is provided
· Ability to work 10 hours per week including Wednesday’s from 1 pm to 1:50 and 9:00 to 9:50am in person
· Assist with coordinating and facilitating social and educational programs as needed
· Participate in and complete all other duties as assigned
· Must be enrolled in Animal or Equine Science major for one year
· A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher required
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to communicate with students, staff and faculty while leading discussions
· Proficient computer skills.
· Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Capability in dealing with conflict resolution and communicating problems with student success staff.
· Ability to work and appreciate with diverse populations of students, staff and faculty
· Self-driven and reliable
· Adaptable to working in-person and virtually
Hourly Pay Rate : $12.50-$14.00/hr
Benefit Information: Employee Benefit information can be found on HR’s Website: Benefits | Human Resources | Colorado State University (colostate.edu)
Number of Openings: 10
Start Date: 8/9/21
Colorado State University may conduct background checks on all final candidates