Montefiore Learning Network Instructional Design & Curriculum Development Intern-Volunteer
Interns will gain hands-on experience with Learning & Development initiatives in the healthcare setting by supporting, shadowing, and collaborating with Senior L&D staff on internal projects. Specific projects and duties will depend upon the current needs of the organization, and include but are not limited to:
· Supports the learning team during the learning solution analysis, design, and development
· Analyzes learning needs to recommend effective learning solutions that address knowledge and/or performance gaps
· Identifies appropriate content through research and collaboration with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
· Authors learning objectives and identifies evaluation criteria
· Designs and develops content, mapping content to learning objectives
· Recommends appropriate formats, methodologies, and media to use for specific training needs
· Prepares training materials in physical and digital formats, including but not limited to facilitator guides, participant materials, PowerPoint presentations, job aids, and online resources
· Contributes to project plans, prototypes, and status reports relevant to instructional design projects
· Supports the delivery of pilot sessions and completes the required revisions
· Suggests best practices or improvements for consideration to enhance client's methodologies, tools, and templates.
Preferred: Pursuing a master’s degree in Education, Instruction Design, Adult Learning or related study in any one or combination of the following: Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, Training
· Ability to develop effective and engaging instructor-led learning experiences, incorporating a variety of media and methodologies
· Experience designing training and educational programs for leadership, professional, and/or interpersonal skills
· Ability to apply instructional design methodologies (e.g., ADDIE, SAM) and adult learning theory, while incorporating social learning practices in overall design
· Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously; ability to set and meet project deadlines
· Superior written and verbal communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills: ability to build positive relationships with colleagues across multiple functional areas of the organization.
· Proficient in MS Office (e.g., Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.