Trimble Advanced Positioning Product Management Intern
The Trimble Advanced Positioning (TAP) division is a fast-growing business delivering high-performance positioning and monitoring hardware, enterprise software, and services into various industries, including Geospatial, Agriculture, Civil Engineering & Construction, and Automotive. Our portfolio serves the full value chain from every aspect of a corrections services provider (Trimble® VRS Now™, Real-Time Networks Operator) to the end-user application utilizing Trimble’s global real-time correction service CenterPoint™ RTX.
As part of a global marketing team during your internship, you will be responsible for helping to support TAP’s strategy of expanding our Real-Time Networks portfolio in current and new markets. The position will require the ability to research and validate market data from sources, including internal sales performance, competitive product and business analysis, pricing analysis, and market research. You’ll get exposure to our Real-Time Networks markets as well as Agriculture, Surveying, Mapping and GIS, and Construction. In addition, you’ll learn about Trimble’s Positioning Services suite, including Trimble RTX, Trimble VRS Now, and OmniSTAR.
- Quickly gain an understanding of VRS and Network RTK solutions/capabilities in the market today.
- Assist with current product management activities, including pricing reviews and proposals, product simplification recommendations, and bringing new products to market.
- Update marketing collateral with the latest product information for a more effective buying/sales process.
- Perform pricing analysis and propose adjustments based on market conditions.
- Assist in strategic planning by planning and performing market analysis, including VOC of adjacent markets to identify and prioritize growth strategies.
- Attend trade shows, user group meetings, and voice of customer site visits
- Benefits to the Candidate:
- Gain practical product management experience and skills in a business in a growth phase of its life cycle.
- Multiple opportunities for cross-functional and cross-divisional collaboration as well as customer interaction.
- Gain international marketing experience.
- Develop presentation and effective advocacy skills.
- Report out findings at a quarterly management leadership meeting. This team includes the TAP Director of Strategic Marketing and General Manager and various other functional areas.
- Currently pursuing or recently graduated with an engineering degree (Geomatics and Civil Engineering preferred)
- Business coursework in marketing and finance. (MBA preferred, but not required.)
- Ability to effectively work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Marketing Communications, and Engineering
- Strong willingness to learn and/or possess basic product management/marketing skills
- Strong data analytics skills using Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Availability - Full time while not in school. Part-time at least 10 hours/week while in school.