Entry Level Human Resources Generalist
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is looking for an HR Generalist to join our Human Resources team at the Bettis Laboratory in West Mifflin, PA. The HR Generalist will act as a resource to managers and employees for HR processes, procedures, and polices. Additionally, the HR Generalist will assist in providing HR counsel to a broad and diverse management and employee community, including union and non-union employees. The workforce includes technical, administrative, operations, and support employees. The HR Generalist will assist on projects, advise on employee management, communication and overall talent management including, but not limited to, promotion planning and performance management. The HR Generalist will assist in the development and interpretations of HR policies, processes and practices. The HR Generalist will be assigned designated organizations and will work closely with the HR Business Partners to deliver all HR-related items
REQUIRED SKILLS *
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years relevant experience; or
- Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year relevant experience
- Knowledge of Federal and relevant state employment and labor laws.
- Excellent communication and interface skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence across an organization or team.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies.
- Two to four years of relevant professional HR experience.
- SHRM certifications.
- Degree in Human Resources Management.
- Knowledge of State and Federal employment and labor laws, including but not limited to ADA, FMLA, Privacy Act, and FLSA.
- Policy interpretation knowledge and/or experience.
- Experience using HRIT systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated through partnering with peers and management.
- Experience working effectively within a team environment.
- Experience working through performance and disciplinary cases
- Experience quickly adapting to changing business needs.
- Experience resolving issues and concerns raised by employees and management
- Action-oriented "can-do" approach that demonstrates commitment, ownership, and personal accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to influence across an organization.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies, including delivering results and leading change.
- Knowledge of and experience with compensation processes and practices, new manager training and assimilation, and exit interview data compilation
- HR experience within an engineering or operations environment