Front Desk Reservationist
The Lory Student Center event spaces are comprised of 35 meeting room spaces, 6 ballrooms, a multi-purpose theater, and several outside areas. The Lory Student Center host’s an average of 80 events a day, an average of 16,000 events annually and an average of 20,000 people enter the LSC each day. This position carries a high degree of responsibility in ensuring prompt customer service and quality event planning. Strong emphasis is placed on office etiquette and excellent customer service skills.
JOB RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES
· Provide customer service face to face with incoming guests, staff and clients.
· Checking emails, answering phone calls, and corresponding with walk-in clients
· Have a solid understanding of the LSC spaces and their capacities.
· Understand and effectively utilize EMS (Event Management Software)
· Working with the other aspects of Event Planning to coordinate details such as determining adequate event space, set-up, and timing.
· Effectively communicate information with all necessary members of Event Services, Environmental Services, and Catering Services staff.
· Demonstrate job knowledge by effectively answering client’s questions regarding policies and event information.
· Have complete knowledge of the LSC policies.
· Work with clients to determine their individual needs for their events.
· Answer incoming calls, field calls and messages effectively.
· Ensure highest level of client satisfaction by offering attentive service to every client/guest and staff member.
· Step in for other staff as needed.
· Attend staff meetings.
o Must be a full-time, degree seeking CSU Student
o Must be in good disciplinary standing the University
o Must be available to work in blocks of 4 hours minimum during the academic semester, must be available year round, includes all school breaks (fall, winter and summer)
o Prior customer service and event planning knowledge is recommended
o Strong leadership skills
o Professional customer service skills
o High sense of responsibility
o Attention to detail
o Strong oral and written communication skills
o Self-motivated and able to work alone with little to no supervision
o Schedule flexibility
o Problem solving skills
“Colorado State University may conduct background checks on all final candidates.”
“Benefit Information: Employee Benefit information can be found on Hrs Website https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/"