Purpose of the Position
Under direction of Data Governance Manager, the Data Analyst will work closely with business stakeholders & data stewards to collect requirements and profile data, based on our internal data governance and quality standards. The Data Analyst will utilize industry standard tools, best practices and query languages to lead the collection, analysis and understanding of data within operational data repositories, data warehouses and business intelligence solutions.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Participate in or may facilitate cross-functional teams to transform business needs into requirements for data quality solutions.
- Create business glossaries, metadata, and/or ad-hoc reporting to document findings and share understanding of NetJets' data assets
- Work with business partners and IT teams to research and analyze data quality issues and identify and prioritize solutions
- Analyze and develop data models to ensure that data structures appropriately support business requirements
- Proactively identify opportunities to use business intelligence solutions to better support business management and/or improve efficiency of tools
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Others
- 2+ years of IT experience in a data management, business intelligence, or data quality role
- Advanced experience developing requirements for operational reporting systems, data warehouse systems, reports, and dashboards
- Experience in Business glossary, Metadata Management/Data Dictionary management
- Advanced SQL skills is required; Experience with Oracle PL/SQL is a plus
- Experience integrating and transforming structured and unstructured data using tools such as Informatica
- Experienced using a variety of reporting, data analysis, and data visualization tools, such as Tableau, Informatica Developer, custom dashboards
- Demonstrated ability to visually present and communicate data, analyses and findings
- Experience with a variety of software development methodologies (waterfall, agile, etc) will be a plus
- Must be skilled at translating technical terms for a non-technical audience, and non-technical terms for a technical audience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present and communicate findings/recommendations to cross-functional teams and/or leadership
- Must possess strong data analysis, debugging and problem solving skills and a demonstrated ability to identify root causes
- Business acumen and ability to understand complex business processes in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders and team members across the organization.