PR & Communications Intern 2021
Fishbowl is a new social network for professionals. It's used by professionals from the top companies in the US to talk openly and anonymously about their work lives. It is now open to students and we're looking for help!
Note: please make sure to have downloaded the app by searching for "fishbowl" in the app store prior to applying.
As Fishbowl's PR & Communications Intern, you will help Fishbowl become a household name for all professionals. We’re passionate about connecting professionals through authentic conversations, and at Fishbowl we’re bringing together talent from different experiences, disciplines, and areas of study to produce a new type of online network.
This role requires a minimum commitment of 20 hours each week for 12 weeks with an option to extend. Please note that this is currently a part-time, contract role. However, our team is actively growing and this position may change in scope and responsibility based on need and performance. Applicants should be able to complete their work from Fishbowl’s San Francisco offices (under COVID-19 conditions, remote working is permitted).
As the PR & Communications Intern, you will support Fishbowl's growth team on all things PR/communications related. You will work collaboratively with Fishbowl's Growth and Community teams to quickly package content from the Fishbowl platform for redistribution across a variety of channels to help grow Fishbowl's presence and brand awareness. You will search externally for press opportunities connecting Fishbowl to current events and package user-generated content, anecdotes, stories, and survey results into relevant pieces to send to the press on an ongoing basis.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with the Growth team to develop content that will drive platform growth and usage, including running surveys, analyzing response data, and creating graphics to show results
- Pitch Fishbowl and Fishbowl-related content to digital, print, and television outlets
- Research and identify key, relevant trade publications, events, and channels to pursue for industry related stories
- Write Fishbowl blog posts relevant to the daily lives of working professionals
- Collaborate closely with Design, Product, Sales, and other internal teams as needed
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A passion for community building and story-telling
- Strong English language writing skills and the ability to adjust copy to various mediums/audiences
- High-level organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in journalism or digital marketing, including an understanding of building consumer brands and communities in digital and social media channels
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Experience working independently and with remote teams is a strong plus
- Experience using Photoshop and Sketch is a strong plus
- Experience working with G Suite or Microsoft Office products
Fishbowl connects professionals with colleagues in their industry to have candid and relevant workplace conversations. Many users describe Fishbowl as a “Twitter meets LinkedIn” and the platform has already established its influence in certain industries, becoming the go-to daily app for more than 30% of US professionals at the top companies in Management Consulting, Accounting, and Advertising. It's used by junior staff and CEOs alike.
Fishbowl serves as a safe space for marginalized professional communities and a place for young professionals to seek mentorship. Thousands of meaningful stories happen on the platform every week, and the Fishbowl brand is often referenced in publications like The New York Times, The Wall Street journal, Forbes, and Ad Age as a source for professional sentiment on a variety of topics.