Associate Mechanical Engineer (3 month assignment)
Otter Products is currently recruiting for 2 Associate Mechanical Engineers to join our Engineering team! These positions will be based in our office in Fort Collins, CO and will run from June to September 2021.
The Associate Mechanical Engineer is at the core of what Otter Products does and serves the most critical role in the development of our industry leading products. This Associate Mechanical Engineer will support the Director of Mechanical Engineering and the Product Development team by using creative problem solving skills to generate the innovative products that our customers have grown to love. High quality designs that exceed expectations are part of the DNA at Otter Products, and the ideal candidate will set the bar very high with good personal motivation, initiative and excellent communication skills.
** for consideration, please apply at https://careers-otterproducts.icims.com/jobs/3770/associate-mechanical-engineer-%283-month-assignment%29/job **
About Otter Products:
From our founder’s garage in 1998 to the global technology leader we are today, Otter Products continues to drive growth through innovation. Our industry-leading brands, OtterBox, LifeProof and Liviri lead the way to help people do more and go more places with technology in hand. Otter Products is a global company of more than 900 Otters (employees) with offices in Fort Collins, Colo., San Diego, Calif., Hong Kong, and Cork, Ireland. Our mission is simple – We Grow to Give which comes to life by way of our charitable arm, the OtterCares Foundation. From innovation and engineering to community and culture – growing to give is at the heart of everything we do.
For more information visit otterproducts.com.
- Design innovative, premium protective solutions for consumer electronics in the time frame allowed
- Ensure that new products meet all customer requirements
- Progress from ambiguity (e.g., a rough sketch) to solidified concept with supervision from Principal Engineer
- Leverage existing design standards to develop parts and assemblies in SolidWorks optimized for injection molding and other high-volume manufacturing processes
- Prepare for and participate in design reviews as assigned.
- Utilize results of reviews to improve part quality, cost, manufacturability and time-to-market
- Solicit feedback from tooling and manufacturing engineers, applying proper design for manufacturability
- Attend cross functional team meetings and address concerns identified by the Principal Engineer
- Support time-to-market goals are achieved and stakeholders updated at regular intervals
- Work with internal and external parties to build and test prototypes/engineering samples.
- Support time-to-market goals
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- Experience with Mechanical Engineering design preferred.
- Experience with injection molding and plastic part design preferred.
Otter Products is an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOC). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For US Based Roles Only - Compensation Range Minimum
For US Based Roles Only - Compensation Range Maximum
Additional Total Rewards
Benefits Eligible - Short Term/ Intern- check out otterproducts.com/careers/why for more info, Profit Sharing Program Eligible
** for consideration, please apply by clicking on the green Apply Externally button **