NIAR CAD/CAM Lab Assistant Digital Twin Program
Students working in the CAD/CAM lab will learn to utilize CAD programs to support various projects. In addition, they may be required to learn other software products and hardware. They will support a variety of projects and programs for the lab. Their task may range from classroom support and project research to direct industry program support. Students will be expected to assist lab staff in any way possible to help make the lab successful, presentable to customers, and accomplish projects in a timely manner. Project will involve extensive use of 3D Experience software. Students must have own transportation as some local travel between facilities may be required.
This position requires access to EAR or ITAR controlled technologies. Applicants are required to be eligible for employment under U.S. export control laws and must meet the requirement of being a “U.S. Citizen”. Information will need to be collected in this regard, but will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. export control laws. The University does not discriminate in its hiring practices and shall ensure compliance with all federal and state laws in the collection and reviews of such information collected.
- Assisting staff with the development training materials
- Model components from various data sources
- Assist staff with research project development
- Assisting staff on industry level support
- Operate and help maintain tools and equipment
- Help keep a clean and safe work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and bill of material systems.
- Have great attention to detail
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25lbs
- Ability to work with complex systems
- Able to work 20+ hrs each week.
- Proficiency in CATIA V5/V6
- Proficiency in Dassault Systems 3DExperience
- Effectively prioritize and manage workflow
- Ability to work independently on extensive task