Systems Design Summer/Fall Co-Op Engineer
Torc is looking for a System Design Engineering Co-op to join a team responsible for bringing our autonomous driving software onto our test vehicles. Engineers in this role complete system design activities that outline the architecture and requirements for self-driving vehicles and the components within the overall system. Candidate responsibilities to include, but not limited to assistance with product requirement derivation, architecture design documentation, requirement analysis and maintenance.
- Help derive product requirements from external stakeholders, regulatory bodies, liability review and societal expectations.
- Research and interpret data, define functional design requirements and architecture for the TORC Virtual Driver and related systems in the Autonomous Ecosystem.
- Assist with troubleshooting of component and system integration issues, guiding the team to an efficient resolution
- Assist developer-in-vehicle development data collection and testing
- Track full system performance, understanding the contributions of relevant sub-systems, providing feedback to development teams
- Assist with tracking of system performance KPis on a regular basis
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform.