Supply Chain Propulsion Systems Intern
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity is looking for an Intern to join our Supply Chain Propulsion Systems Team.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
Our mission is to induce a paradigm shift in how rockets are built and flown.
You will participate in developing and maintaining a working knowledge Relativity's Stargate-Class 3D printer design as well as your domain expertise to contribute to the assessment of proposed design changes and impact based on test evidence.
To be successful in this role, you must be a self-starter who can thrive within an ambiguous, fast-pace environment. Most importantly, you possess a positive attitude, a growth mindset, and a strong desire to solve hard problems. We can teach you the rest!
- Recent grad or 1-2 years work experience
- Diversity is important to our team
- Analytical background a plus but not necessarily a requirement
- Finance, economics, public policy, statistics, data analytics, business
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree from 4 year institution
- Superb analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, and decision making skills (even at warp speed)
- Clear communicator and strong negotiator.
- Extreme motivation to constantly learn and self-improve.
- Experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to travel 10%+
Intern will be supporting Propulsion Supply Chain primarily and the greater Supply Chain Org secondarily. Some responsibilities will include:
- Manage 2-3 vendor relationships
- Provide weekly updates to propulsion system stakeholders
- Create & Organize information for distribution to stakeholder groups
- 12 week project:
- Strategic roll- up of commercial off the shelf (COTs) components suppliers to de-risk long term supply and drive competitive costing
- Approved Supplier List; work with Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing/Quality to develop criteria for an ASL-type program
- Develop full understanding of RS Supply Chain and Supply Chain generally (participate and shadow functions for end to end supply chain)
- Ad-hoc support as needed
Relativity is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and our job opportunities are open to U.S. citizens and eligible non-U.S. citizens.