Facilities Operations Coordinator
This position assists the facilities manager in establishing fleet management goals and objectives and leads the agency’s effort to optimize its management and utilization of fleet vehicles. The position also administers the agency’s statewide security camera/access system (hardware and software). The position advises the facilities manager on a broad range of issues/critical facets related to these business critical large-scale operations. In addition, the position assumes coordination and completion of other agency-wide facilities management projects and initiatives. The position exercises considerable authority and accountability to acquire and allocate agency resources, and has influence, authority and accountability across the agency.
This position also serves as the MPCA Total Infrastructure and Facility Management (TIFM) Administrator. The TIFM Administrator serves as the agency system expert and coordinates with agency staff on the use of Archibus for property management, lease management, and asset management. The position leads, administers, and trains staff on the use of the database, including enterprise and specific MPCA specific standards. The TIFM Administrator works with MNIT to assure system standards are met and appropriate updates to the system occurs.
Other responsibilities include vendor and contract management, acquisition of equipment and providing technical assistance/training to users, and troubleshooting problems with the agency statewide security access system’s software and hardware. In addition, the position develops and manages internal databases, prepares, monitors, and analyzes annual budgets and spending plans for responsible areas, collects and reports on a variety of data including fleet utilization and expenditure analysis, agency sustainability, fleet telematics, and security access. The incumbent is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining related policies and procedures in the assigned program operations. This also includes providing training and/or technical assistance across the agency.
Three years of professional experience coordinating or administering a complex program with operational functions in two or more of the following areas: fleet operations, telecommunications, inventory control, data systems management, vendor and contract management, property/asset management, budget/procurement or related. A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Financial Management, Operations Management, Facilities Management or related will substitute for one year of the professional experience.
- Data management knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques sufficient to conduct ad hoc queries, research, analyze and compile data and report findings.
- Ability to evaluate existing processes, anticipate needs and make recommendations for change.
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out complex written and verbal directions to meet deadlines.
- Effective communications in order to manage customer, vendor and staff relationships.
- Presentation skills, including verbal and written.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Teams, Word, Excel, Power Point and Access).
- Experience in vehicle fleet acquisition/management and security access system management.
- Knowledge of both Android and Apple operating systems.
- Project management skills.
- Experience in the administration of Archibus or other property management software.
- Experience in the use of Tableau and M5.
- Understanding of Department of Administration purchasing (billing/invoicing), contract development, and materials management processes and requirements.
- Knowledge and/or experience monitoring budgets and spending plans.
Requires occasionally lifting, moving and/or transporting such articles as file boxes, boxes storing equipment, packages and equipment that may weigh up to 50 pounds. The job involves being active and moving from place to place, climbing stairs or standing to a significant degree more than jobs that are sedentary, but will likely involve sitting most of the time.
A driver’s license is an essential function of this position. This requires possession of an unrestricted Class D Driver’s License. The job offer is contingent on confirmation of a valid driver’s license AND a satisfactory DLR check.
Requires a Class D Driver's License: a single unit vehicle with a gross vehicle weight of less than 26,000 pounds. This is a basic driver's license. Operators may also tow vehicles/trailer as long as the gross combination weight does not exceed 26,000 pounds.
Why Work For Us
Our mission is to protect and improve the environment and human health. We work with many partners (citizens, communities, and businesses, all levels of government, environmental groups and educators) to prevent pollution, conserve resources, and to help ensure pollution does not have a disproportionate impact on any groups of people.
The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long-term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year. We emphasize work-life balance, and strive to have an inclusive workplace for everyone.