Client Associate (Technology)
Cambridge Computer is seeking driven, entry-level professionals who want a career, not a job. This well-rounded fast paced job is focused on helping our talented sales reps and technical engineers come together to design and implement IT solutions for clients across the US. This is an opportunity to break into the technology industry; learning the business while playing a vital role in assisting both our sales and technical leaders in the fast-paced, dynamic IT industry.
Headquartered in Waltham, Cambridge Computer is a leader in delivering innovative physical and cloud-based IT infrastructure, data storage, and data security solutions.
What is the 'entry-level' like at Cambridge?
Our associates regularly work with other teams at Cambridge Computer, including Operations, Legal, Professional Services, and our Technical Specialists, providing the opportunity to experience and evaluate the different career paths at Cambridge Computer. We provide structured training and leverage problem-driven learning to help develop and hone skills that prepare our team for careers and upward mobility. The most common career paths that associates can grow into from this position are lucrative careers in technical sales and sales engineering. Some folks also grow into dedicated sales support, sales operations, and management roles.
Daily responsibilities will include:
- Project and deal specific support: researching, quoting, coordinating resources, sales logistics, and managing paperwork;
- General team support: maintaining data in our CRM system, working with vendors on technical and pricing specifics, and general product and technical research; and
- Demand generation: participation in trade shows and other marketing activities.
What technologies do you work with?
-At the entry-level, our associates are working hands-on with some of the largest, most established technology firms in the world.
-We bring 10-20 new technologies to market each year keeping things fast-paced and dynamic.
-Each associate builds expertise in different technologies within the data-center some of which are:
- Data Storage, Backup, Archiving, DR & Replication;
- BC/DR as a service & Cloud Storage;
- Threat assessment, Filtering & AV Solutions;
- Networking, including Software Defined Networking;
- Data Life-Cycle Management; and
- OpenStack, Hadoop, Lustre & GPFS.
Qualified applicants must have:
- Regular access to reliable transportation;
- Capable of being at Cambridge Computer's Waltham office with 45-minutes notice to handle urgent matters, including outside of normal business hours (occasionally important matters pop up on short notice);
- Applicants must be currently authorized (or will soon be authorized) to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- A bachelor’s degree.
We recognize that satisfaction and well-being are integral components for long-term sustainability and business success. As such, available to full-time employees are the following benefits:
- Multiple health insurance options
- Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance401(k) savings plan with employer matching
- Employer-sponsored long-term disability
- Paid holidays and PTO that increases with longevity at the company
- Discounted health club membership
- Convenient parking
- Opportunities for growth!
Salary Range (Estimated): 50k - 80k
How to Apply
Applicants must provide the following required materials:
- Cover Letter
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cambridge Computer provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, military service, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.