Behavioral Health Consultant (LCSW or LCPC)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain patient care hours per week at designated site as determined by the Behavioral Health Manager, Chief Population Health Officer, and the Chief Medical Officer. Follow PCC’s policies for scheduling, access, chart documentation and availability for communication regarding clinical matters during regular business hours.
- Provide consultation and academic support to interns, residents, and attending physicians in the areas of behavioral medicine.
- Participate fully in relevant quality assurance and performance improvement measures.
- Provide mental health and substance use consultation regarding assessment and mental/behavioral health and substance use treatment options to established patients.
- Assess patients’ and/or families’ bio-psycho-social situations that result in diagnostic conclusions that include development issues, family dynamics and stressors, and a DSM V diagnosis.
- Document data, assessment, treatment plan and expected outcome in medical record.
- Identify and follow-up on all referrals you have made to assure continuity of care and patient/family needs are met.
- Perform any crisis intervention, individual counseling, family counseling, advocacy that is needed for the patient.
- Masters Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling from an accredited University.
- Expertise in substance use treatment counseling
- Demonstrated skills in the clinical social work practice arena and the ability to work and collaborate on a health care team.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently handle a demanding workload involving multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written communications.
- Licensure in the state of Illinois (LCSW, LCPC) or other related Behavioral Health State of Illinois License
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) preferred
- Current CPR certification
- Current and valid driver’s licenses.
- Physical Demands:Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Must be able to move around the clinic site 50% of the time.
- Constantly operates a computer, computer printer, copy machine, and telephone.
- Occasionally positions self to maintain exertion of physical strength to move objects of 10 pounds from one level to another.
- Ability to move as needed to perform necessary nursing skills such as wound care, injections, and other procedures.
- Must be able to transport from one site to another.
- Must be able to cover other shifts as necessary.
- Ability to read and write proficiently using the English language.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred/at some locations required.