Behavioral Health Consultant (LSW or LPC)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain patient care hours per week at designated site as determined by the Director of Behavioral health and the Chief Medical Officer. Follow PCC’s policies for scheduling, access, chart documentation and availability for communication regarding clinical matters during regular business hours.
- Patient volume expectation is average 3.5 patients per session worked. A session is defined as 3.5 patient care hours plus 0.5 hrs of administration duties. Number of sessions worked is based on FTE status (e.g. 1.0 FTE = 10 sessions).
- The number of sessions per week may be modified based upon clinic need, supervision commitments, etc. Modifications are approved by Director of Behavioral Health.
- Provide consultation and academic support to residents and attending physicians in the areas of behavioral medicine.
- Participate fully in relevant quality assurance and performance improvement measures.
- Provide mental health consultation regarding assessment and mental/behavioral health treatment options to established patients.
- Assess patients’ and/or families’ bio-psycho-social situations that result in diagnostic conclusions that include development issues, family dynamics and stressors, and a DSM IV multi-axial diagnosis.
- Document data, assessment, treatment plan and expected outcome in medical record.
- Identify and follow-up on all referrals you have made to assure continuity of care and patient/family needs are met.
- Participate in individual and group supervision with goal of achieving Licensure in Clinical Social Work within 2 years of commencement of employment. Supervision will be provided by a PCC Licensed Clinical Social Worker as designated by the Director of BH.
- Perform any crisis intervention, individual counseling, family counseling, advocacy that is needed for the patient