CASE MANAGER FOR HIV/AIDS [HIVCM]
Northern Kentucky Health Department
Case Manager for HIV/AIDS [code: HIVCM]
Do you want to make your community a better place to live by preventing disease, promoting wellness and protecting against health threats? Are you excited about being part of a team focused on making a difference? Do you like new challenges? Does work/life balance appeal to you? If you answered YES, then it may be time for you to find the job you love right here at NKY Health. The Population Health Division is accepting applications for a Case Manager to provide case management services for eligible persons living with HIV/AIDS. The position will be based at our District office in Florence, KY. Usual work hours are M-F between 8:00 and 5:00. We could be waiting for YOU!
Status: Full-Time (40 hours/wk), non-exempt (hourly) merit system position
Classification: Case Manager
Starting Pay Rate: $19.00 - $22.02/hour (based on your years of directly related paid experience)
Reports To: Programs Manager
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Provide case management services for target population(s). (Maintains assigned case load. Provides medical case management care/coordination to clients, family and significant other(s) infected and affected by HIV/AIDS Disease. Performs comprehensive psychobiosocial assessment of all new clients and conducts yearly needs assessments for existing clients. Develops, assesses, updates and evaluates an Individualized Care Plan (ICP) for each client as indicated by client assessment. Assists clients in understanding their health condition, interpreting medical results, adjusting to diagnosis, explaining treatment options and cost/benefit analysis of such treatment. Assists clients in resolving psychological, biological, social and financial barriers that negatively impact their well-being. Assists clients in making informed decisions about care, their eligibility for services, their options regarding services and their right to self determination. Inquires about client’s adherence to medical appointments, medications, medical progress plans and other supportive services. Provides education and information to clients on risk reduction to prevent transmission of the disease.)
- Advocate for clients in target population(s) by assisting them with obtaining essential services. (Facilitates the provision of quality care and social services across a continuum of care. Assures continuity of care through ongoing assessment of clients’ and key family members’ needs and personal support systems. Evaluates client satisfaction with community, care coordination and medical services, and serves as an advocate when/if these services are not satisfactory. Identifies and establishes a referral system with area health care and social service providers. Actively links clients with health care, psychosocial needs, and other services, as appropriate. Teaches clients how to navigate systems to utilize community services. Shares information about community services with other Health Department staff. Maintains list of community resources pertinent to assigned program. Attends meetings to advocate for client needs and services.)
- Perform community outreach activities. (Serves as liaison to local, regional and state-wide organizations for HIV Case Management program(s). Collaborates with agencies and service providers to facilitate care coordination and information sharing. Coordinates internal and external committee/team meetings by scheduling meetings/team activities, establishing agendas for meetings, and handling pertinent communications. Champions the health care rights of clients through policy level advocacy while promoting social justice. Reports outcomes of meetings. Prepares and makes educational presentations and/or disseminates educational materials to target groups and individuals. Maintains proficiency as HIV Tester as required under KRS.)
- Maintain records. (Records ICP. Maintains client charts. Maintains client roster. Maintains database(s) of case information. Documents activities using appropriate forms.)
- Perform administrative duties as assigned. (Maintains supply inventory for assigned program(s). Performs quality checks on records. Monitors assigned performance measures. Compiles reports.)
- Complete special projects. (Responds to public health emergencies as assigned. Completes other special projects.)
- Perform other duties. (Attends work as scheduled or uses approved leave Collaborates in and contributes to individual, team, and/or organizational quality improvement and evaluation activities; Participates in internal and external meetings; Serves on internal and external committees; Completes timecard; Completes travel reports; Completes required training; Completes other assigned duties.)
Must have a valid, active driver’s License, reliable transportation and one of the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Work.
· The equivalent combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Must be licensed to work as a counselor or social worker in Indiana, Kentucky, or Ohio or have medical case management certification accepted by Kentucky’s Ryan White Care Coordination Program within 12 months of appointment and maintain throughout incumbency.
· Prior full-time related case management experience.
· Prior public health experience and/or bilingual English/Spanish.
Apply through CareerBuilder ONLY (www.careerbuilder.com).
We're sorry but to be fair we have to discard paper applications, faxed applications,
and emailed applications without considering them.
If you apply now we will consider you immediately.
If you’d like to wait, we’ll accept your application as long as the position is posted on CareerBuilder.
Please reference code HIVCM on any attachments or correspondence. No phone calls please. Selection will be made by interview(s), testing, and/or review of submitted documentation, which must indicate that applicant meets minimum qualifications. Criminal background check will be required. Failure to meet any of the selection criteria shall disqualify an applicant.
Northern Kentucky Health Department Human Resources – HIVCM
Please visit our website at www.nkyhealth.org
to view other opportunities to join our family.