PD&E Engineering Intern
Come launch your career and be part of an award-winning PD&E team! Metric Engineering is currently seeking an Engineering Intern to grow within our Team. This individual, under direction of a Professional Engineer, as well as utilizing independent judgment, will work alongside the PD&E, roadway and traffic teams to assist with on-going transportation projects and studies including PD&E/NEPA Studies statewide. This position will have the opportunity to develop into a career post-graduation.
- Prepare, edit, format and produce technical reports and displays.
- Prepare project specific PowerPoint presentations and other materials for public meetings
- Assist project manager and project engineer in the preparation of engineering and traffic reports
- Assist in preparing roadway concepts in MicroStation (CADD)
- Become familiar with FDOT Guidelines and Design Standards
- Communicate with other team members working on the same projects.
- Communicate verbally and in writing, particularly related to technical information.
- Delivering quality, timely services and products to clients within budget
What you should bring:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Great attitude and work ethic
- Willingness to learn and be part of a team
Metric Engineering, Inc. was founded in 1976 on the principle of providing personalized consulting engineering services. Today, we are among the top consulting engineering firms specializing in civil and transportation projects. Over the last four decades, Metric has successfully completed numerous large, complex transportation projects in the United States and abroad. Our multi-disciplinary workforce and strategically located regional offices enable us to provide both maximized local responsiveness and a diversified technical base. Our clients include local, county, state and foreign governments as well as private clients.