CrimsonCard Consultant position
UITS occasionally hires part-time consultant positions for the Tier 2 Support CrimsonCard team. We are looking for exceptional people to help with the issuance and support of CrimsonCard for students, faculty, staff, and affiliates of the university. We are willing to train motivated and excited learners and are committed to providing excellent customer service during every single client interaction.
Applicants will be considered based on:
- Customer service skills and work experience
- Troubleshooting skills and critical thinking
- Applicant availability
Consultants in this position have the opportunity to gain valuable customer service experience and technical knowledge that will improve their career marketability.
At Indiana University Bloomington and IUPUI, under minimal supervision, consultants provide direct support to clients of the Tier 2 Support CrimsonCard offices. Duties for all consultants include, but are not limited to:
- Produces and issues the official photo ID card (CrimsonCard) to students, employees, and affiliates, including identity verification, confirmation of eligibility and payment processing.
- Provides extensive customer service support via walk-in, email, and phone for issues related to card issuance, card-related financial activity, card suspension and reinstatement, door access, payroll deduction and payroll advance, and many others.
In addition, consultants are required to demonstrate exemplary interpersonal communication skills and professionalism at all times, and support and comply with all Indiana University, UITS, and Tier 2 Support policies and procedures.
- Proactive customer service attitude
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of and familiarity with university computing systems and the Windows operating system and applications
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time
- Must be able to move up to 35 pounds and to move and transport equipment
- At least one year of related customer service experience preferred
- Commitment to working a minimum of 15 hours per week for two consecutive semesters
CrimsonCard Consultants are required to work a minimum of 15 hours per week and may work a maximum of 29 hours per week. We are looking primarily for people who can make a commitment to work at least two full semesters (fall, spring, summer).
Schedulers request availability templates from each consultant before the start of each semester to create a semester template. Each week's schedule is based on the semester template. Shifts are assigned based on a combination of staffing needs, consultant availability, seniority, and attendance history.
Skills that students will learn include:
- Customer Service - Students will interact with customers via phone, email, and in person. They will learn how to effectively communicate with customers to fulfill their needs.
- Problem Solving - Students will learn to troubleshoot issues related to card production and usage and come to a resolution using the various resources of UITS.
- Development of numerous soft skills, including multi-tasking, teamwork, adaptability, and communication.