Clinical Pharmacology Safety Sciences Intern
We are currently seeking candidates who are working towards obtaining a MSc or PhD for a virtual internship assignment during the summer of 2021.
Objectives/Goals of the Position:
The intern will evaluate 4ß hydroxy cholesterol as a marker for CYP3A induction based on AZ clinical study data.
1. Data collection and statistical analysis of the data using appropriate statistical models; understanding the biomarker, its impact on metabolism
A) all clinical studies which has collected 4ß hydroxy cholesterol data including
Phase 1 Clin pharm DDI studies, SAD & MAD, phase 2a…..
B) In vitro and clin pharm DDI study correlation with sensitive CYP3A substrate.
2. To conclude the potential validity and criteria that can be used to classify the marker, and to evaluate the value of continued evaluation of 4ß hydroxy cholesterol as a biomarker in FTIH studies.
3. Present the findings using poster or manuscript as appropriate.
- Current enrollment in a US MSc or PhD program.
- Good communication, organization skills and meticulous attention to detail are essential.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0+