High School French Teacher
Rosemount High School is one of the top high schools in Minnesota that serves approx. 2500 students in the east part of Rosemount - Apple Valley - Eagan School District (District 196). Our school’s athletic teams and fine arts programs consistently rank top in the state.
Position Type: High School Teaching/World Language - French
Location: Rosemount High School
1.0 FTE French teaching position
- Teach French language and culture curriculum of Independent School District 196, Rosemount High School, and University of Minnesota (College in the Schools)
- Team with the other RHS French teacher, as well as the other ISD 196 French teachers, in planning, and developing curriculum and assessments.
- Work with World Language colleagues in further developing curriculum and assessments
- Participate in departmental activities, such as World Language Honor Society inductions
- Maintain strong communication with staff, parents, and students
- Carry out responsibilities as defined by the master contract and school administration
- Native like fluency in French
- Love of teaching at the high school level
- Completion of four year degree or higher in teacher licensure area
- Licensed MN educator or ability to be licensed by time of employment (Tier 3 or 4 preferred)
- Commitment to educational equity and helping all students succeed academically
- Desire to be a part of an incredible school and instructional team
- Ability to teacher upper level French courses, including intermediate level University of Minnesota language courses (FREN 1003 and 1004)
- Masters degree in French, French Studies, or similar field
- Native French Speaker
- Experience implementing Integrated Performance Assessments
- Experience teaching at the high school level
- Willingness to assist with the National French Honor Society
- Ability to lead student travel trips
- Experience teaching in a 1:1 setting (iPads) and willingness to adapt to new technologies (teaching apps, Schoology, Infinite Campus, etc)
- Dual licensure
- Demonstrate the ability to be empathetic and supportive of all students while holding them to high expectations
- Creative problem solver both in and out of the classroom
- Experience working on a team or with an academic Professional Learning Community (PLC)
- Experience making data based decisions
- Experience teaching students with IEP and 504 adaptations and accommodations.
- Commitment to developing the world's best workforce/ESSA and closing the achievement and graduation gap.
- Experience working with diverse student populations
Teacher positions receive salary and benefits as outlined by our teacher contract, which can be found here.