Medical Records Clerk
This role will be taking inbound calls, responding to emails, and processing requests for ROI (Release of Information). They will be responding to 80+ calls and emails per day and assisting with administrative duties handling medical records. Because of COVID, there aren't any in-person requests, but it is a possibility in the future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uphold and maintain standard of quality and excellence in the Customer Services Department.
- Respond to customer inquires with a professional positive attitude as quickly as possible.
- Maintain departmental standard of answering and resolving a minimum of 50 inbound customer service calls per day.
- Identify and report errors and quality deficiencies.
- Escalate Members’ service issues for immediate attention.
- Resolve customer issues and complaints to ensure customer goodwill.
- Identify problem areas and work on strategies that will improve the Customer Services Department.
- Work with management to attain departmental goals.
- Work as a team with other customer service representatives to ensure optimum customer satisfaction.
- Back up to train new hires, maintain and update training materials.
- Back up for voice mail and email support and process faxes.
- Back up to provide 1st level escalation for CS team members.
- Back up for Quick View and all electronic products.
- Communicate with management regarding creative concepts and objectives, which may benefit the company.
- Perform other tasks and duties as necessary to assist management team, enhance the position of the company, and improve overall quality of the company.
Medical records management, medical record, EMR, Electronic medical record, Records management, EHR, HIPPA, Data entry, Scanning, Customer service, Health care, Medical, Icd-10, Filing, Microsoft word, Clerical, Microsoft office, Microsoft excel, Medical terminology, 10 key, Healthcare customer service, Microsoft outlook, Medical charts
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- HIPPA experience and knowledge/understanding
- Clerical/Office Experience
- Customer Service Oriented
- Tech Savvy
- High School Diploma
- Hands on healthcare experience
- Medical certification
- Medical Records experience