Office and Administrative Specialist, Intermediate
This position exists to perform lead clerical and administrative support in the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) Duluth Regional Office. Functions performed include typing, advanced document processing, data entry, filing, mail/package receipt and distribution, receptionist duties, answering telephones, inventory coordinating, general office and administrative support, and back-up fleet support. This position will train new Office and Administrative Staff in the Duluth office. The position also assists within the Division and the Agency as support functions are needed for priority work.
As an Office and Administrative Specialist for the Duluth Regional Office, you will be a part of a two-person team that will provide administrative business systems support to multiple divisions within the MPCA. The principal responsibilities of this position is to process and mail general correspondence, draft permits, final permits, enforcement documents, and publish public notices for multiple programs within the Agency while meeting the Agency’s practices and standards and providing complete and accurate work within established timeframes. In this position you will be the first point of contact for visitors to the Agency while also assisting staff and management with building concerns, maintaining office equipment, monitor and replenish office supplies, and creating purchase order requests.
- Typing and word processing skills sufficient to produce quality documents and reports in an efficient manner.
- Knowledge of and ability to use various office software including Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Ability to learn databases/workflows such as Tempo and OnBase.
- Ability to scan multiple page documents and utilize multi-function devices (scanner/copier/printer).
- Data entry skills sufficient to enter data efficiently and with accuracy.
- Customer service and human relation skills in order to treat customers and staff in a courteous and respectful manner on the phone, in person, and online.
- Business English skills sufficient to speak, read, write, prepare, and edit materials, using correct and error-free spelling, punctuation, grammar, and typing.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Tempo, and OnBase.
- Time management skills sufficient to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, organize work, and meet time deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Ability to research information.
Requires occasionally moving such articles as file folders, ledgers, and small equipment. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount of moving and remaining in a stationary position is often necessary in carrying out job duties.
Why Work For Us
Our mission is to protect and improve the environment and human health. We work with many partners (citizens, communities, and businesses, all levels of government, environmental groups and educators) to prevent pollution, conserve resources, and to help ensure polluting does not have disproportionate impact on any groups of people.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.