Entry Level - Associate Business Transformation Consultant (Data Analytics)
At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
You’re right at the intersection of technology, people, and process, helping your clients transform how they adapt to shifts in the market, and more closely align their business strategy and vision.Business Transformation Consultants are important and key players for our clients. You’ll be their guide to developing an understanding of their processes, goals and objectives to define their future state, then help them get there.
You’ll help clients understand leading technologies and the impact they can have on traditional business processes. You’ll have an opportunity to build a powerful portfolio of interesting and rewarding experiences, taking advantage of opportunities to master new skills, learning about and becoming an expert in our client’s industries, and tackle new challenges.
You’ll be a key contributor in our Cognitive Process Transformation service area where we specialize in Cognitive Computing and Data Analytics. You will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Work you could do as an Associate Business Transformation Consultant (Data Analytics):
- Develop predictive models and deploy on client technology, integrating into their model monitoring and management processes
- Identify opportunities for data and analytics process automation and implement solutions
- Incorporate a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques in your projects
- Use leading edge and open-source tools such as Python, R, and TensorFlow, combined with IBM tools and our AI application suites
- Run or support workshops, meetings and stakeholder interviews
- Document requirements from the product owner/business lead
- Develop process maps to understand As-Is and To-Be scenarios
- Translate client requirements into analytical specifications for the implementation of the IBM solution
- Define current and future operational scenarios (processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions) and works with client using an agreed methodology to ensure proper translation of business requirements to solution requirements
- Project business value of a solution in client-relevant terms and drive adoption of key performance indicator (KPI) impact with key client stakeholders
- Assist with Cloud migration and system application implementation or upgrades
- Develop communications tailored to specific audiences
- Work in an Agile, collaborative environments
- Use IBM’s Design Thinking to help solve client’s challenges
- Analyze data to support conclusions and strategies, and design organization
- The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Buffalo center (aka: we work in a traditional IBM Agile office setting).
- Travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel approximately 50% of the time.
- You must live in, or be willing to relocate to Buffalo, NY 40 Fountain Plaza, Buffalo, NY 14202. This is not a work from home position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Track record of academic success
- Strong technical and analytical abilities, a knack for driving impact and growth, and some experience with programming/scripting in a language such as Java or Python.
- Basic understanding of statistical programming in a language such as R, Python, or SAS, SPSS, MATLAB.
- Basic understanding of Cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Be highly motivated, with clear evidence of drive and significant achievements
- Can understand clients’ needs and challenges and apply creative and logical approach to identify solutions
- Demonstrate exceptional quantitative analysis skills and ability to derive recommendations informed by data and insights
- Can work on multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus in an environment with conflicting demands
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively in an intense team environment, able to build direct working relationships across all levels of the IBM and client teams
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Academic or professional experience implementing conversational AI tools
- Academic or professional experience using machine learning and natural language processing libraries
- Have a passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- Can translate business requirements into technical solutions as well as generating business case
- Demonstrate leadership experience and ability to adapt, with willingness to readily take ownership of tasks and problems, which often extend beyond initial scope of responsibility
- Have initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills
- Had an internship or work experience in corporate setting with demonstrated track record.
- Required education/geo requirements: Business Administration / Management, Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Information Management, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Mathematic/Statistics, Finance, Marketing, Economics, International Business, Industrial Engineer, Mechanical Engineer.
- Bilingual and able to speak Spanish proficiently