Financial Institution Examiner(Job Id 15977)
PLEASE ATTACH THE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Job ID: 15977
Agency: Department of Labor & Regulation - Division of Banking
Salary: $47,400 annually
Pay Grade: GZ-H
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Department of Labor & Regulation. For more information on the Department of Labor & Regulation, please visit http://dlr.sd.gov.
This position is exempt from the Civil Service Act.
The South Dakota Division of Banking regulates the state’s banking, trust, and financial services industries to assure that our citizens have confidence in our state’s financial markets and services. We are seeking an inquisitive individual with analytical and communication skills to join our team of professional Financial Institution Examiners in either Pierre or Sioux Falls.
Examiners at the Division of Banking enjoy:
- Training – Effective on-the-job training is combined with annual off-site training at locations such as Hilton Head, SC; Arlington, VA; and Boston, MA.
- Pay Advancements – Salary increases are offered for successful work performance and completion of formal trainings.
- Positive working environments – Enjoy having your own office while still working as part of a knowledgeable and supportive team.
- Personal growth – Develop comprehensive knowledge of the financial industry while developing leadership and communication skills.
- Advancement – Successful examiners will receive numerous certifications with internal promotional opportunities available.
- COVID 19 – Currently all examination work and training is being completed remotely to ensure staff safety. Some training may be available in-person in 2021 and would be optional but not required for new or existing examiners.
As part of a team, you will:
- determine the financial condition of state-chartered banks, trust companies, and licensed financial institutions;
- evaluate adequacy of financial institutions' internal control procedures;
- etermine compliance with State and Federal statutes related to banking, trust, licensing, and consumer protection;
- evaluate loan and investment portfolios to determine quality and suitability;
- make recommendations on findings;
- investigate consumer complaints related to supervised financial institutions.
Licenses and Certifications:
Bachelors Degree required.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
A bachelor's degree in banking, finance, accounting, or a related field with an advanced degree preferred. Professional experience that leads to mastery of the following knowledge and abilities will be considered.
- accounting and auditing principles and procedures;
- the organization of banks and other financial institutions;
- banking work environments;
- fiduciary principles; • consumer protection statutes and regulations;
- Microsoft Office products and management information systems.
- communicate concisely and effectively with co-workers, financial institution staff and officials, and examiners from other agencies;
- gather, interpret, report, and use financial information;
- understand and interpret federal and state banking regulations.
Additional Requirements: To be considered, attach your resume, letter of interest, writing sample & post secondary transcripts
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"