Mental Health Practitioner - License-Eligible Therapist - Earn Hours! Adolescent Residential Mental Health - St. Cloud, MN
Counselor Adolescent Behavioral Health
US-MN-St. Cloud Type Full-Time
Newport Healthcare is a nationwide behavioral healthcare organization dedicated to transforming young lives through evidence-based care. To that end, we have assembled the best teen and young adult mental health treatment staff in the country, and we want you to join us. While our experts guide our clients to sustainable healing, our job is to support our valued staff members, and we do that through offering industry-competitive salaries, career growth and skills expansion, student loan repayment and tuition reimbursement, and a company commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, among other advantages. Be part of a team that's dedicated to providing compassionate care based in authentic connection, mutual respect, and unconditional love—and experience the rewards of making a difference in the lives of young people and their families each and every day.
Empowering Lives. Restoring Families.®
- $5K Sign-On Bonus
- The Counselor will carry an average case load of 9 clients. The average may fluctuate dependent upon staffing and census.
- Facilitate individual and group sessions as assigned
- Coordinate all aspects of the Counselors role in client programming including the evaluation of Discovery journal assignments.
- Coordinate treatment goals and services in collaboration with client's treatment team.
- Provide progress updates to parents in collaboration with family therapist.
- Timely completion of documentation (may include assessments, treatment plans, progress and group notes, discharge summary) according to established standards.
- Attends weekly treatment team meetings, staff meetings, and clinical supervision.
- Identify off campus meetings
- Maintains clear boundaries with residents and staff. Holds direct care staff to the rules and guidelines of Newport Academy. Sets limits and assists to manage clients when staff is in need of support or supervision.
- Attends meetings, trainings and conferences representing Newport Academy as needed.
- Master’s Degree required.
- Licensed, or license-eligible in Counseling or Social Work in the state in which you are applying preferred.
- Experience in working with adolescents, preferably in a residential treatment center.
- Training or experience with mental health, substance abuse, or eating disorders.
Newport Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Newport Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Newport Healthcare is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process please email email@example.com for assistance.
For more information on Equal Opportunity, please click here Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Share on your newsfeed