Mathematics Instructor – Full-time
Columbus Technical College is seeking an individual to serve as a full-time instructor in Mathematics. Under general supervision, this individual will prepare lesson plans for classroom instruction, and evaluate students’ progress in attaining goals, objectives, and student learning outcomes. This position is full-time/exempt.
Please note the following information regarding this position:
a) May be required to teach high school students
b) May require teaching on or off campus throughout our service delivery area (Muscogee County, Stewart County, Quitman County, Chattahoochee County, Harris County, and Talbot County)
c) May require travel
- Prepares and delivers lecture and/or lab course material;
- Prepares lesson plans for classroom instruction for general core courses;
- Evaluates students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives;
- Prepares and maintains all required documentation and administrative reports;
- Displays a high level of effort and commitment to performing work;
- Operates effectively within the organizational structure;
- Demonstrates trustworthiness and responsible behavior;
- Accepts direction and feedback from supervisor and follows through appropriately;
- Assists with recruitment retention and job placement efforts;
- Actively participates in the retention efforts of the school;
- Works when scheduled; begins and ends work as expected; calls in according to policy when arriving late for when or when absent; observes provisions of Fair Labor Standards Act; uses work time appropriately;
- Performs other duties as assigned in the fulfillment of the needs, philosophy, and purpose of Columbus Technical College
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Mathematics
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with 18 graduate semester hours or 27 graduate quarter hours in Mathematics.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include state holidays, annual leave, and sick leave, State of Georgia Retirement, Health and Flexible Benefits Program.
This position is available until filled. Applicants must submit a Columbus Technical College employment application online by clicking on the green "Apply Externally" button and upload a cover letter, resume and copy of transcript(s) at time of application (Incomplete submissions will not be considered). **Please note: All references will be checked prior to employment offer. Post offer requirements will include a criminal background check and motor vehicle records check. **
The Technical College System of Georgia and its constituent Technical Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all technical college-administered programs, programs financed by the federal government including any Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA) Title I financed programs, educational programs and activities, including admissions, scholarships and loans, student life, and athletics. It also encompasses the recruitment and employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services.
The Technical College System of Georgia and its colleges shall promote the realization of equal opportunity through a positive continuing program of specific practices. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies for Columbus Technical College: Henry Gross, Title IX Coordinator, at 706.649.1883 and Olive Vidal-Kendall, Section 504 Coordinator, at 706.649.1442.