Communications Intern - Summer 2021: Employee & External Communications
Join our Communications Internship Program in Summer 2021!
Internships at Otis are rewarding and challenging, providing you with the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop through meaningful projects that drive our business and engage our teams. You’ll be immersed in the Otis culture where we collaborate to best serve our customers; and where we empower and inspire each other through support, autonomy, and trust.
The Otis World Headquarters Communications Internship Program, specifically supporting our Employee and External Communications Centers of Excellence, provides valuable exposure to the structure and multi-disciplinary approach of our global communications organization while providing hands-on involvement in our work through a variety projects and touchpoints with business leaders. Ultimately, we aim to inform, inspire and engage our stakeholders at every touchpoint.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Research and write stories to promote key company initiatives, keeping in mind the Otis voice and our “people-first” perspective
- Identify opportunities to leverage internal and external content for mutual use and benefit
- Support deployment and adoption of new Connect (Intranet) platform
- Manage/coordinate projects, as assigned, related to communications including:
- Platform analytics and reporting to assess effectiveness (dashboard creation)
- Workflow tools (feedback forms, story request forms, editorial calendar)
- Support the execution of mass communications through use of Marketing Cloud (Salesforce.com) tool
- Assist with incoming social media response processes and community engagement to ensure a level of consistency in terms of timing, tone and voice
- Create social media content with measurable results and outcomes in mind
- Partner closely with Internal and External Communications team members to ensure social media messaging and timing are aligned with other company communications
- Analyze competitors’ social media activity and research social media trends and recommend ways for Otis to apply to its social channels
This is a full-time, remote-based, paid summer internship, typically starting in May/June and ranging from 10-12 weeks.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS /SKILLS:
- Summer 2021 internship opportunities are available for full-time undergraduate and graduate students working toward a BS or MS degree in Communications or similar field of study.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills. Candidates must be strong writers/storytellers
- Experience on social media platforms, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook
- Adept project management skills, flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively whether remote or onsite
- Experience and skills using Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Access, Visio, and/or OneNote
Additionally, candidates should be self-starters and be able to work independently. They should be able to communicate a clear understanding of their subject matter, work in cross-functional teams, respect individual differences and welcome diverse thinking, and offer informed suggestions to improve processes.
Otis is the world’s largest elevator and escalator manufacturing, installation, and
service business. We serve customers in over 200 countries and territories around the world and maintain more than 2 million elevators and escalators. We have more than 69,000 employees, including engineers, digital technology experts, sales, and functional specialists, as well as factory and field technicians. We are proud to be a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving, high-performance company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies, and cultures to better serve our customers and passengers. Just imagine where you can take your career!
Otis is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.