Social Media Assistant (Intern, Non-profit)
Social Media Assistant (Intern, Non-profit)
Downtown Boise Association
Mission: To create value through vibrancy; to build both business and community in Downtown Boise.
Description: Downtown Boise Association (DBA) seeks a Social Media Assistant who understands the ever-changing needs of audiences, has the skills to develop stellar content and design assets, and uses their skills and creativity to bring vibrancy and creativity into DBA, and thus our downtown community. The Social Media Assistant will create engaging content for a company's social media presence, including keeping social media channels updated and brand-focused, and seeking out new social media avenues and ways of connecting with audiences. You’ll join a collaborative team of four other staff, who are setting the course for the future of downtown.
We are looking for a qualified candidate to help with the recovery and awareness of Downtown Boise because of COVID-19. The Social Media Assistant will implement current and forward-thinking ideas to share all that our organization does including the creation of a social media plan/calendar for the year showcasing not just our events, but messaging about nightlife, dining, shopping, services, arts, and entertainment. This would also include partnership services that keep our city safe and clean and economic development throughout downtown.
This internship reports to the Communications Manager and works closely with staff in implementing holistic campaigns to promote all areas of DBA’s scope.
We know there are great candidates who may not fit into the criteria we’ve outlined below, or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
Work Environment & Schedule: Must be able to successfully work both independently and collaboratively in an office setting and on-site for events. Work schedule is within a Monday through Friday workweek but does require occasional hours on evenings and weekends based on event schedules. The position is expected to average 15 hours a week, with flexible timing for hours worked.
· Assists in the management of company social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other relevant platforms.
· Engages in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms.
· Creates dynamic written, graphic, and video content for both organic and paid content.
· Optimizes content following search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC).
· Creates content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on company sites, and encourages audience participation including the creation of an annualized social media plan/calendar.
· Works alongside of the Communications Manager & DBA team to develop social media campaigns.
· Analyzes and reports audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media projects.
· Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content.
· Uses timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analyzing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize visits.
• Currently enrolled at Boise State University and studying Marketing, Business, Communications, or a related degree.
• Related experience.
• Experience in social media content creation across multiple platforms.
• Experience in management of social media channels a plus.
• “In the know” of what’s trending & what’s not on social media.
• Outstanding organization skills, able to successfully manage multiple projects independently and seek direction as needed.
• Outstanding visual acuity related to photographs, promotional images, and the creative interplay between text and image.
• Exceptional communication skills, excellent judgment, proven relationship skills, discretion, creative thinking, and the desire and ability to work as part of a small and dedicated team.
• Experience with a nonprofit art or cultural institution a plus.
Applications will only be accepted through Handshake.
Downtown Boise Association is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a Bronco Corp Internship:
Are you eligible for this position?
- Must be a current Boise State student, enrolled in classes
- Cannot exceed 29 hours per week (this includes other on-campus employment)
What is Bronco Corp
- The program is designed to connect students to internship opportunities in our community - students are paid for their work by Boise State University rather than the organization or business. This is our commitment to helping our business community overcome challenges due to COVID.