MST Family Therapist - Kenwood, IL 2K-3K sign-on bonus
In the spirit of caring for one another and our community, please note that upon accepting an offer of employment from One Hope United, you will be required to share proof of a Covid-19 vaccination. The requirement is subject to accommodation in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Therapists are being sought to provide outpatient treatment services to youth adults. Clients served are youth in care, adult and adolescent sexually problematic behaviors individual with some components of group work, and general counseling services. The program offers trauma-informed services. Ideal candidates will be available for a flexible schedule, as some clients are required to be seen in the later afternoon to evening.
Candidates should have a strong assessment and writing skills, efficient computer skills, respect for the change process, be open to learning, and have hope for change and healthy futures.
Salary Range (50k -55k) annually
We are offering a 2 k bonus sign-on is for Master-level CliniciansAND we can do a 3 k bonus sign on for Licensed Clinicians
Services are provided from the One Hope United Kenwood, IL office.
- Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or a related subject area.
Preferred: LCSW, LCPC
- Experience in trauma treatment, the ARC model, a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record with OHU required levels of coverage for auto insurance.
- 25% is the percentage of driving weekly
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The position does require an evening schedule. The successful candidate will be trauma-informed. The program provides individual and family sessions at least once a week per client.
The position involves working as a member of a team, conducting mental health assessments, writing treatment plans, providing ongoing therapy services, as well as, completing Medicaid compliant note documentation which is required to meet specific time frames.
The successful candidate will have good writing skills, organizational skills, flexibility, and training in evidence-based trauma treatment modalities. Familiarity with Medicaid service documentation is preferred.
- Selects and administers various psychological tests, personality inventories, and intelligence quotient tests, to identify behavioral or personality traits and intelligence levels and review results to evaluate client needs
- Maintains the highest ethical standards in keeping with professional affiliations and demonstrates the ability to perform the strength-oriented practice
- Provides comprehensive and initial diagnostic assessment of all referred clients utilizing interviews and well-recognized criteria
- Develops treatment plans using a variety of generally accepted intervention techniques to address areas of assessed needs
- Plans and administers therapeutic treatment
- Regularly discusses progress toward goals with the client and encourages client feedback and client ownership of outcomes
- Ensures there is a medical rule out of symptoms and coordinates the approach with medical and other providers serving the client
- Adapts clinical methodology to the needs of the client using an evaluative tool and client feedback approach to ensure client service is meeting needs, and as needs change, adapts method and degree of therapy
- Integrates all services provided by serving as a central point of communications for all mental health-related services, supportive services treatment and counseling
- Maintains comprehensive client file with progress/process notes, completing assessments and quarterly reports, closing summaries, preparing reports for court as needed, testifying in court as needed, and participating in multidisciplinary staffing as needed
- Develops collaborative relationships with staff and other programs both within and outside of the agency and assume the initiative in developing therapeutic groups
- Represents agency at court hearings and attends required staffing meetings
- Monitors client progress and periodically reassess the client's level of functioning as necessary, utilizing standard clinical instruments as well as diagnostic and statistical manual as required
- Takes a protective role in overall service by ensuring the integration of clients other providers by including them in the treatment planning
- Adhere to Evidence-Based/Informed program
- QMHP to oversee completion and approval of MHP documentation, when required
ONE HOPE UNITED VALUES:
- Do the Right Thing | We serve the best interest of our clients and staff. We act mindfully and responsibly, honoring our commitments. We’re willing to challenge the status quo.
- Fully Contribute | We bring our presence, passion, and ideas to every interaction, and we respect differing views and backgrounds so that others can do the same.
- Empower One Another | We collaborate with, care for, and encourage each other toward greater impact, treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Turn Hope into Action | We believe in the resiliency of the human spirit. We advocate for those in need and do what it takes to build a better future for all.
- Seek Impact Every Day | We make things happen and make them count. We leverage all our resources and make data-informed decisions for maximum, sustainable results.
- Always Keep Improving | We pursue excellence in an atmosphere of innovation. We embrace change, take prudent risks, learn from failure, and recognize success.
We Invest in You
- Tuition assistance up to $2500 per year
- Up to 4 weeks paid Vacation Days; up to 6 paid Personal Days and up to 5 paid Sick days annually
- Medical, dental, vision, 403b Retirement, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and short-term disability options
- Agency paid life up to $50K based on salary
- Voluntary Supplemental Life for Employee, Spouse, and Child(ren)
- Voluntary Legal Plans
- Agency paid long term after 1 year of employment
- Career ladders, professional development, and promotion opportunities
- Free LCSW and LCPC Supervision hours available in some locations
A Different Kind Of Employer One Hope United is strong and ready to grow. Are you ready to grow with us?
- 800 talented professionals strong, serving 10,000 children and families in Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, and Florida
- Fiscally stable, $50 Million agency-- strong since 1895
- Energetic leadership and a rich community of support
One Hope United does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. One Hope United is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Related Key Words: Outpatient, Therapist, Counseling, Human Services, MSW, BSW, LCSW